- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MTD Kingston ZX 5-String Fretless Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #582636 000001000 582636000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MTD ZX 5-string Fretless Electric Bass Guitar was made for serious players. The ZX features a carved Mahogany body with a maple-burl top and fini...Click To Read More About This Product
This bass means business.
The MTD ZX 5-string Fretless Electric Bass Guitar was made for serious players. The ZX features a carved Mahogany body with a maple-burl top and finished in a translucent-black gloss. The 5-string bass comes loaded with custom Bartolini pickups and preamp, hand-installed in the U.S. It has a wide range of tones and fits perfectly in any genre of music.
The neck has an asymmetrical curve, thicker on the bass side and thinner on the treble side, offering more comfortable placement for your fretting hand. The controls on the MTD ZX bass guitar have volume, a pickup pan, and treble, mid, and bass EQs. The tone is incredibly full, with massive bottom end, and does not lose clarity or definition. The pickup position, string spacing, and low action make slapping a dream. Cut the treble and add some bass EQ to produce a classic warm blues thump, or center the knobs and crank the volume for crisp, metal tones.
Michael Tobias Design, located in Kinston, New York, is a manufacturer of fine handmade instrument and designer of imported instruments created for the discriminating musician.
- Body wood: mahogany
- Top wood: burled maple
- Neck wood: maple
- Controls: volume, bend, plus 3-band EQ
- Tuners: MTD closed gear
- Hardware: smoky chrome
- Finish: high gloss
- Strings: 5
- Body type: Kingston
- Weight: 19lb.
- Scale length: 35"
- Neck joint: bolt-on
- Neck wood: maple
- Fretboard: maple
- Neck shape: asymmetric
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Bridge: MTD quick release
- Bridge pickup: MTD active wood covered soapbar
- Neck pickup: MTD active wood soapbar
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.