Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT 6 AM - 6 PM PT
SUN 6 AM - 5 PM PT
Schecter Guitar Research Model-T Session Electric Bass Guitar Satin Aged Naturaltrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Vintage looks, powerful active pickups and quality components make this an easy choice for any bass player.
Starting with the active EMG pickups, the bridge & neck are the EMG J and P. Developed for the bassist who needs versatility and range in their sound. The P adds warmth, and incredible low end punch, while the LJ gives tight mid-range punch and dynamic high end response for a well defined attack. The result is the capacity to produce everything from tight slap funk to smooth Motown groove, all with a sound that will set you apart.
Schecter took these wiring features and then added the EMG 2-Band Active EQ with 18v system for even more tone shaping versatility. This enables the player to add or subtract EQ at center frequencies voiced specifically for electric bass. The lows are deep, clear, and tight. There are two treble ˜dip switch' frequency centers to choose from. The lower setting is perfect for adding growl and bite to traditional P and J tones. The higher setting provides crystal clear top end to modern-sounding, full-frequency bass tones with punishing clarity without any brittleness.
After they got the electronics tricked out, they worked on the construction of the bass.
The bolt-on neck joint was reshaped and contoured for smoother access to the higher frets. The neck is bolted down with 6 bolts for a stronger neck/body bond. Carbon fiber reinforcement rods are used in the neck to strengthen the neck relief and preventing any neck shifting. The fretboard features a 12" radius adding a modern roundness to the feel. Precision and durability with classic styling make the Grover 142 series ˜vintage' bass tuners bass machine heads ideal for a vintage look and modern functions. The die cast housing is a sturdy foundation for maintaining center lines of the worm and gear. A fixed bearing surface in the housing creates a smooth tuning surface for easy tuning and 22:1 gear ratio. The safety string post and "elephant ear" button provide utility and a vintage look.
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fretboard Material: Maple
- Inlays: Ebony Side Blocks
- Side Dot Markers: Ebony Side Blocks
- Scale: 34" (863mm)
- Frets: 22 Narrow X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ˜C'
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .826" (21mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .905" (23mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653" (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32" (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: EMG J
- Neck Pickup: EMG P
- Controls: Master Volume/Blend/2-Band EMG Active E/Q
- Battery Compartment: 18-volt w/Screw Plate
- Hardware Color: Black
- Bridge: Schecter Custom Bass String Thru (or Top Load)
- Tuners: Grover Vintage Bass 142 Series
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.