- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Spector NS-5XL USA 5-String Electric Bass
Black Cherry Burst Chrome Hardware
- Write a Review
- H98321 000001001 H98321000001001
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The NS-5XL is the 35" scale version of Spector's NS-5.After experimenting in the late 1990s with 35" scale Spector found the Wide5 string spacing fea...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A hand-crafted, U.S.A.-made boutique bass with advanced features, quality components and incredible sound.
The NS-5XL is the 35" scale version of Spector's NS-5.
After experimenting in the late 1990s with 35" scale Spector found the Wide5 string spacing feature really helps to bring out the notes of the B & E strings. In 1998 they launched their NS-5XL
which features a 35" scale, EMG 40DC humbuckers, and our USA 18v active tone controls. This is the ultimate super charged five string neck-thru bass.
- Neck: Neck-Thru Body
- Wood: 3pc Maple with Graphite Rods inside for additional strength
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, with our abalone Crown Inlays
- Number of frets: 24
- Scale length: 35"
- Radius: 16"
- Nut width: 1.81"
- Pickups and electronics: Active Pickups
- Neck pickup: EMG 40DC
- Bridge pickup: EMG 40DC
- Active tone controls: Spector 18v +/-15db boost and cut, bass and treble
- Controls: Master volume, Pickup balance, Bass boost/cut, Treble boost/cut
- Body wood: Solid figured maple
- FIinish: Matte poly
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Bridge: Spector solid brass locking, with intonation screws
- String spacing at bridge: .66"
- Tuners: Gotoh GB-7 with our "SS" logo
- Strap buttons: Dunlop Dual Design
- Nut material: Brass
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.