- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa Acoustic-Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L74071 000001000 L74071000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Despite the Taylor GS Mini's scaled-down size, playing just a few notes reveals the impressive voice of a full-size instrument. The mix of portabilit...Click To Read More About This Product
Taylor's popular GS Mini comes to the bass guitar.
Despite the Taylor GS Mini's scaled-down size, playing just a few notes reveals the impressive voice of a full-size instrument. The mix of portability and musicality has proven to be a winning combination that fits into so many scenarios in life, from the couch to the campfire to the concert hall. It's not too big, it's not too precious, and it's not too expensive. That broad-based accessibility has given the GS Mini a resounding appeal with a built-in fun factor.
The small-scale GS Mini-e Bass now accomplishes all of this for players who require these attributes in a bass. The GS Mini-e Bass incorporates a proprietary string set developed by D’Addario, along with a Taylor-patented dual-prong bridge pin that was designed to optimize the string break angle and produce pleasing bass notes with the shorter scale length. The result is an inviting, portable and great-sounding instrument that makes playing acoustic bass more fun and accessible to a broader range of guitar customers.
The bass features the standard GS Mini body and scale length (23.5 inches), with layered koa back/sides, a solid koa top, new bracing, and GS Mini-e Bass tuners in chrome. Details include a 1-11/16-inch nut width, 4 mm Italian acrylic dot fretboard inlays, 3-ring rosette, matte finish, and ES-B electronics featuring an onboard preamp with tone and volume controls and built-in digital chromatic tuner with an LED display for tuning and low battery indication. It ships in a durable GS Mini-e Bass hard bag with embroidered logo, perfect for players on the go.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Solid Hawaiian Koa is a hardwood that produces a natural compression, yielding more of a controlled "roll-in" effect to a note. The compression evens out a lively attack for a more balanced response. It delivers strong fundamentals with clear and direct focus - similar to mahogany - but with extra top-end shimmer and chime. The arched back of the guitar generates more sound from a small-bodied instrument, and using layered wood back and sides create a sturdy yet receptive platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is also less susceptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
The GS Mini-e Bass is equipped with ES-B electronics featuring an onboard preamp with tone and volume controls and built-in digital chromatic tuner with an LED display for tuning and low battery indication. The ES-B pickup system consists of Taylor's world-class ES2 pickup fine-tuned for bass strings, controlled by an ES-B preamp.
The GS Mini-e Bass is equipped with D’Addario Custom Light (.037-.050-.062-.090”) strings. The strings feature a multifilament core wound with D’Addario’s EXP-coated phosphor bronze wrap wire for long-lasting tone and projection. The strings were designed exclusively for the GS Mini-e Bass, and because of the instrument’s unique design features, no other strings should be used. These strings have a wonderful handfeel that's accentuated by the instrument's scale, generating plenty of depth and growl.
Order today for a portable bass you can play anywhere.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Symphony Mini
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Back & sides: Layered Koa
- Bracing pattern: GS Mini Bass Bracing With Relief Rout
- Body finish: Varnish
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Neck shape: Taylor GS Mini Profile
- Nut width: 1-11/16" (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 23-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Varnish
- Pickup/preamp: ES-B for Bass
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Tone
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: Yes - Digital Chromatic LED
- Headstock overlay: Copafera
- Tuning machines: Chrome GS Mini-e Bass Tuners with Chrome Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West-African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta Saddle; NuBone Nut
- Number of strings: 4
- Special features: D’Addario Custom Light strings (.037-.050-.062-.090”) with multifilament core wound with D’Addario’s EXP-coated phosphor bronze wrap wire
- Case: Taylor GS Mini-e Bass Hard Bag
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.