- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha BBP35 5-String Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L26484 000001000 L26484000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Made in Japan, this is the ultimate BB, featuring an Alder/Maple/Alder construction treated with Yamaha’s unique IRA technology, a six-bolt mit...Click To Read More About This Product
Beautifully designed and crafted in Japan.
Made in Japan, this is the ultimate BB, featuring an Alder/Maple/Alder construction treated with Yamaha’s unique IRA technology, a six-bolt miter neck joint, and a diagonally strung convertible bridge.
Alder/Maple/Alder Body Construction
The new BB features an Alder/Maple/Alder multi-laminated body construction. The hard maple center increases body stiffness and accentuates midrange to cut through the mix of a band, and allows a more uniform transmission of vibrations between the body and the maple neck for unparalleled resonance and sustain.
6-bolt Miter Neck Joint
Miter bolting holds the neck closer and tighter to the body fusing these two separate components into one.
Compared to a conventional bolt-on joint, miter bolting offers more efficient transfer of string vibration throughout the body, for improved sustain and outstanding resonance that brings every note to life.
YGD Custom V7 Pickups
Alnico magnets produce a fat yet penetrating tone that works in combination with the unique Alder/Maple/Alder construction of the 700 and Pro models for an organic, well-defined sound.
The new BB models are equipped with one tone control and two volume control knobs, for versatile sound shaping.
Convertible Bridge and Saddle for Precise Tone Shaping: Vintage Plus Bridge
The 700 and Pro are equipped with the Vintage Plus Bridge, which incorporates “Diagonal Body Thru Stringing,” where strings are angled at the saddle and pass through the instrument to the bridge at a 45º angle, as opposed to the traditional vertical stringing method which places more stress on the strings.
Diagonal Body Thru Stringing significantly reduces this stress while transferring string vibration to the body reliably and efficiently.
Strings can also be set to the tail end of the bridge, which comes equipped with a convertible saddle that can be adjusted to 2 different angles for more precise tonal shaping and feel. The rounder side of the saddle gives a slightly softer sound, while the more angled area produces a slightly tighter one.
The brass saddle of the Vintage Plus Bridge delivers a slightly deeper low-end, and the steel bridge plate offers a brighter tone. All screws and springs are made of stainless steel to guard against corrosion.
The new series features a 5-ply maple and mahogany laminated neck, in a bolt-on design that delivers a sharp attack, and quick response. This durable construction resists warping and twisting and adds the tight, penetrating character of maple combined with the warmth of mahogany to the instrument’s tone.
New Neck Shape
The New BB models feature a slightly thinner neck than previous BB basses, improving playability and feel for both modern and traditional players.
Lighter weight tuners offer a better balance and complement the overall feel, providing a perfect match for the smaller, lighter body of the new BB.
I.R.A. (Initial Response Acceleration)
Any bass benefits from being "played in," a process in which the instrument matures and opens up as the stresses between the wood and finish, neck and fingerboard, and body and hardware are released, resulting in better sound and playability.
Yamaha’s exclusive Initial Response Acceleration (IRA) technology releases those stresses by applying specific vibrations to the completed instruments as part of the crafting process and gives a "played in" bass from day one.
- Alder / Maple/ Alder Body Construction
- 6-Bolt Miter Neck Joint
- 5-piece Neck
- YGD Custom V7 Pickups (AlnicoV)
- Vintage Plus Bridge : Convertible Bridge and Saddle
- Lightweight Open Gear Tuners
- I.R.A Treatment
- Made in Japan
Trust Yamaha to make it right. Order today.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple/Mahogany
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Split single-coil Alnico V
- Bridge: Single-coil Alnico V
- Brand: Yamaha
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 23.6 in. (600 mm)
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Bar
- Nut material: Graphtech
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder/Maple/Alder
- Top wood: Alder/Maple/Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Neck PU Volume, Bridge PU Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 5-Saddle vintage-style with brass saddles
- Tailpiece: String-thru body
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: I.R.A. treatment
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.