- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha TRBX605FM 5-String Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- #L18742 000002000 L18742000002000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This series is all about the balance of elements, and with the punchy tone of a 3D-scuplted, alder/maple-laminated body, timeless looks and the power...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Great playability and active electronics for total tone-shaping.
This series is all about the balance of elements, and with the punchy tone of a 3D-scuplted, alder/maple-laminated body, timeless looks and the power of the Yamaha 3-band active/passive preamp. The 5-string version of the TRBX600 series provides the same power, tone and beauty as the four-string version, but delivers the low that will define your sound.
The TRBX neck design combines an ultra-comfortable profile with 5-piece maple/mahogany-laminated construction for outstanding stability and excellent tone.
Developed through hundreds of hours of testing, the refined neck joint shape perfectly balances strength, vibration transfer and upper-fret access.
Straight string pull from nut to machine head eliminates lateral tension, providing superior tuning stability and reducing overtones.
43mm (5-string) nut widths give fast, comfortable playability for any style.
A high-mass, die-cast bridge efficiently transfers string vibrations to the body for a full, rich tone combined with excellent adjustability and road-tested durability. The 18mm spacing on the 5-string model offers outstanding playability for technical slap or finger styles.
The Yamaha metal, plate-mounted standard jack socket offers superior durability and easy maintenance.
YGD H5 pickups are defined by a clean, open tone that’s perfectly matched with the flexibility of the active/passive preamp design. Their quad-pole piece design and alnico magnets give them the power to drive the active circuit and the sensitivity and subtlety to capture every nuance in passive mode.
Electronics (Active/Passive Selecter and Battery Alert)
TRBX600 models feature an audiophile-grade active/passive circuit for fine, tonal control and extreme flexibility. This advanced design offers a level-matched output, whether in passive or active mode, and tone-switching circuitry that seamlessly moves from treble control to master passive tone. High-quality, gold-plated parts are used for key signal chain contacts, providing increased conductivity and reliability, and the LED low battery alert installed on the back panel helps to prevent sudden power loss during performances.
Alder/Maple body construction
Flamed maple top
Maple/Mahogany 5-Piece Neck
Slim 1-11/16 " (43 mm) nut width
3-Band Active EQ with active/passive preamp
Battery Alert LED
- Alder/Maple body construction
- Flamed maple top
- Maple/Mahogany 5-Piece Neck
- Slim 1-11/16 " (43 mm) nut width
- 3-Band Active EQ with active/passive preamp
- Battery Alert LED
Grab this exceptional 5-string from Yamaha. Order today.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Mahogany with maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Switchable
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Double-coil alnico V
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Double-coil alnico V
- Brand: Yamaha
- Series or parallel: Series
- Active preamp: No
- Special electronics: None
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Urea
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Top wood: Flamed maple
- Body finish: Gloss or Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume, blend, high/mid/low with mini toggle (active/passive)
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 5-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.