- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Aretha Franklin - Electrifying Aretha Franklin
- Write a Review
- L28369 000000000 L28369000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:EU-only 180 gm vinyl LP pressing including two bonus tracks, deluxe inner sleeve and digital download. This quintessent...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:EU-only 180 gm vinyl LP pressing including two bonus tracks, deluxe inner sleeve and digital download. This quintessential edition includes Aretha's second LP, THE ELECTRIFYING Aretha Franklin, long unavailable on vinyl. The album indeed electrified audiences when it was released by Columbia in 1962, winning Aretha top honors in Down Beat magazine's prestigious listeners' poll. One can easily hear her divinely inspired soul fire, emerging interpretative grace and vocal sophistication. Aretha's singing reveals a sweet, even coy insouciance on songs like "Blue Holiday" and alternatively, a roof-raising belt on "Rough Lover". It is easy to detect the soul already present in Aretha's performances, seemingly influenced in equal part by Jazz and Gospel. Three of her best tracks here, "I Told You So", "Ac-cent-tchu-ate the Positive" and "Operation Heartbreak" (where she belts out soul with real gusto), are the tunes that point most convincingly to her future triumph as the Queen of Soul.;Track List:1. You Made Me Love You 2:18;2. I Told You So 2:43;3. Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody 2:21;4. Nobody Like You 2:20;5. Exactly Like You 2:35;6. It's So Heartbreakin' 2:40;7. Rough Lover 2:52;8. Blue Holiday 2:58;9. Just For You 2:23;10. That Lucky Old Sun 3:37;11. I Surrender Dear 2:44;12. Ac-cent-tchu-ate The Positive 2:17
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.