- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Bettye LaVette - The Scene Of The Crime
- Write a Review
- K72905 000000000 K72905000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/25/2007;Notes:Her 2005 acclaimed release, "I've Got My Own Hell to Raise", brought well-deserved recognition to this R&B maverick who...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/25/2007;Notes:Her 2005 acclaimed release, "I've Got My Own Hell to Raise", brought well-deserved recognition to this R&B maverick who's been recording since the early 60s. Now comes the almost autobiographical "Scene of the Crime". to make music this raw and direct, Bettye enlisted "dirty south" rockers the Drive By Truckers as her backup band. With swampy guitars, slippery Wurlitzer piano, and a driving backline, this record conjures up the spirit of great loose 70s bands like the Faces while offering Bettye an urgent, vital setting for her razor-sharp vocals. Recorded in Muscle Shoals, AL, where she recorded "Child of the Seventies" in 1972 - a masterpiece that was shelved then released 30 years later. Returning to Muscle Shoals was like returning to the scene of a crime thus the album title, and the intense, personal music within.;Track List:1. I Still Want to Be Your Baby (Take Me Like I Am);2. Choices;3. Jealousy;4. You Don't Know Me at All;5. Somebody Pick Up My Pieces;6. They Call It Love;7. Last Time;8. Talking Old Soldiers;9. Before the Money Came (The Battle of Bettye Lavette);10. I Guess We Shouldn't Talk About That Now
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.