- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Bobby Hutcherson - Components
- Write a Review
- K59032 000000000 K59032000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/26/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing of this jazz classic. Components was an album by jazz vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson, released on th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/26/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing of this jazz classic. Components was an album by jazz vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson, released on the Blue Note label in 1965. The first side of the LP features compositions by Hutcherson, in a hard bop style, whilst the second side features Joe Chambers' compositions, more in the avant-garde style. Hutcherson describes "Tranquillity" as "so tranquil as to almost suggest no time at all." "Little B's Poem" was written for Bobby's son, Barry, three years old at the time. "West 22nd Street Theme", which closes side one, is a reference to a Manhattan section near the 10th Ave, Chelsea, where Hutcherson lived for a while. Side two features Chambers originals. "Movement" is "like a six-part theme constantly in motion, held together by a pulse." About "Air", Chambers says: "Once that's set, they all jump into free counterpoint. As in all the pieces, each voice has to remain independent but in relationship to what's going on around him." "Pastoral" signifies a comeback to a kind of primitive setting, "as if to say to the listener 'This is what we come back to - the familiar, the beginning'.";Track List:1. Components (Side A);2. Tranquility (Side A);3. Little B's Poem (Side A);4. West 22nd Street Theme (Side A);5. Movement (Side B);6. Juba Dance (Side B);7. Air (Side B);8. Pastoral (Side B)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.