- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Comus - First Utterance
- Write a Review
- #K65365 000000000 K65365000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/06/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP including insert. First Utterance is the debut album of the progressive folk band Com...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/06/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP including insert. First Utterance is the debut album of the progressive folk band Comus. It was released in 1971, with the opening song 'Diana' being released as a single. The album was notable for it's unique blend of progressive rock, folk, psychedelia and elements of paganism and the macabre. The overall thematic tone of the album is of vulnerable innocence facing abusive power, the songs dealing with violence ('Drip Drip'), rape ('Diana', 'Song to Comus') and insulin shock therapy ('The Prisoner'). These themes contrast starkly with the acoustic sound of the record, featuring acoustic guitar, violin, flute and lyrical, almost Arcadian, female harmonies. The cover artwork was drawn in ball point pen by Roger Wootton, lead singer and songwriter of the band. The centerfold artwork was painted by guitarist Glenn Goring. Reviews were favorable, such as the NME praised the album's 'highly unusual but fascinating sound' and Time Out said 'the overall effect is unique'.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.