- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Curtis Mayfield - Curtis / Live: Expanded
- Write a Review
- #K65337 000000000 K65337000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/10/2015;Notes:Double 180 gram vinyl LP pressing in gatefold sleeve includes two bonus tracks. Curtis/Live! Is Curtis Mayfield's first...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/10/2015;Notes:Double 180 gram vinyl LP pressing in gatefold sleeve includes two bonus tracks. Curtis/Live! Is Curtis Mayfield's first live album after leaving the Impressions. Originally released in 1971 as a double LP on Mayfield's Curtom label, the album's 16 tracks along with Mayfield's interstitial raps on the politics of the day were recorded at Paul Colby's 230 seats Bitter End nightclub in New York City. Mayfield and his band's first set at a Bitter End date in January 1971 comprised the bulk of the music presented here. Mixed primarily with Eddie Kramer at Electric Lady Studios, the album features Henry Gibson playing percussion, Craig McMullen on rhythm guitar, Joseph 'Lucky' Scott on bass, and Tyrone McCullen on drums. Many critics feel Live! Is a powerful demonstration of Mayfield's pre-Superfly accomplishment, and some even said it's one of the greatest concert albums ever cut on a soul artist, and one of the legendary live albums of all time.;Track List:1. Mighty Mighty (Spade and Whitey);2. I Plan to Stay a Believer;3. We're a Winner;4. We've Only Just Begun;5. People Get Ready;6. Stare and Stare;7. Check Out Your Mind;8. Gypsy Woman;9. The Makings of You;10. We the People Who Are Darker Than Blue;11. (Don't Worry) If There's a Hell Below We're All Gonna Going to Go;12. Stone Junkie;13. Superfly (1973);14. Mighty Mighty (Spade and Whitey) (Single Version);Special Attributes:EXPANDED VERSION
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.