- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Devendra Banhart - Mala [Bonus CD and 7"]
- K56873 000000000 K56873000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/12/2013;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing includes bonus 7' single and CD edition. 2013 release, the eighth album from the eccentric si...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/12/2013;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing includes bonus 7' single and CD edition. 2013 release, the eighth album from the eccentric singer/songwriter. Banhart co-produced the record with his longtime bandmate, guitarist Noah Georgeson. Mala was recorded in his then-home in Los Angeles. He and Georgeson played most of the instruments themselves, using borrowed equipment and a vintage Tascam recorder they d found in a pawn shop. "A lot of early Hip Hop had been made on [the Tascam], " says Banhart. "And knowing my songs are not Hip Hop whatsoever, we thought it would be interesting to see how these kinds of songs would sound on equipment that was used to record our favorite Rap. Let's see how this technology would work for us. " It was a new approach for the pair. "In the past we were more like, let's use the oldest equipment we could find. " Banhart's previous release, 2009's What Will We Be, received critical acclaim, with Rolling Stone calling it "the best he's ever made. ";Track List:1. Golden Girls;2. Daniel;3. FÜR Hildegard Von Bingen;4. Never Seen Such Good Things;5. Mi Negrita;6. Your Fine Petting Duck;7. The Ballad of Keenan Milton;8. A Gain;9. Won't You Come Over?;10. Cristobal;11. Hatchet Wound;12. Mala;13. Won't You Come Home;14. Taurobolium;Special Attributes:WITH BONUS 7", BONUS CD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.