- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Glenn Branca - Ascension
- Write a Review
- #K67572 000000000 K67572000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/25/2014;Notes:Vinyl LP reissue of this 1981 album from the avant-garde guitarist. THE ASCENSION is a colossal achievement. After tour...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/25/2014;Notes:Vinyl LP reissue of this 1981 album from the avant-garde guitarist. THE ASCENSION is a colossal achievement. After touring much of 1980 with an all-star band featuring four guitarists (Branca, fellow composers Ned Sublette and David Rosenbloom, and future Sonic Youth member Lee Ranaldo) along with Jeffrey Glenn on bass and Stephan Wischerth on drums, Branca took his war-torn group into a studio in Hell's Kitchen to record five incendiary compositions. Originally released in the summer of 1981, THE ASCENSION effectively tears down the genre-ghettos between 20th century avant-garde and ecstatic rock 'n' roll. On 'The Spectacular Commodity,' chiming, shimmering tones unfold into sinister drone-territory a la Tony Conrad, while abrasive guitars and repetitive beats retain the raw primitivism of No Wave. The title track attains a densely packed, larger-than-life sound and (as author Marc Masters says best) 'never stops climbing skyward.' with artist Robert Longo's stark front cover that depicts Branca battling an unidentified man, THE ASCENSION is a must-have record not only for fans of early Swans and Sonic Youth, but also of Steve Reich or Slint's TWEEZ.;Track List:1. Lesson No. 2;2. The Spectacular Commodity;3. Structure;4. Lightfield (In Consonance);5. The Ascension
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.