- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Grant Green - Green Street
- Write a Review
- #K66505 000000000 K66505000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/07/2015;Notes:As the most prolific guitarist on Blue Notes roster, Grant Green was very busy during 1960 to 1965, appearing in all ty...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/07/2015;Notes:As the most prolific guitarist on Blue Notes roster, Grant Green was very busy during 1960 to 1965, appearing in all types of settings with his fellow all stars. However Green Street is quite unique for it showcases Green in a trio with bassist Ben Tucker and drummer Dave Bailey. Because Green rarely played chords, instead concentrating on single note lines, hearing him in this sparse setting is similar to hearing a brilliant tenor saxophonist such as Sonny Rollins in a piano less trio. Recorded April 1, 1961, Green Street features the guitarist stretching out on three originals, Round Midnight and Alone Together. With Tucker and Bailey hanging on every Green phrase and reacting immediately to his musical thoughts, the focus is almost entirely on the guitarist. Grant Green comes up with consistently surprising and rewarding ideas, taking these songs on unexpected trips and creating music for the ages. Few other guitarists or saxophonists of the time could have excelled in this setting on the level of Green. Heard in brilliant sound, Green Street is one of the most essential recordings of Grant Green.;Track List:1. No. 1 Green Street;2. Round About Midnight;3. Grant's Dimensions;4. Green with Envy;5. Alone Together;6. Green with Envy (Alternate Take);7. Alone Together (Alternate Take);Special Attributes:GATEFOLD LP JACKET, 180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.