- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
I Roy - Gussie Presenting I Roy
- Write a Review
- #K74698 000000000 K74698000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/01/2017;Notes:Limited 180 gram vinyl LP pressing. Shortly after pioneering DJ U Roy took the Jamaican recording industry by storm in ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/01/2017;Notes:Limited 180 gram vinyl LP pressing. Shortly after pioneering DJ U Roy took the Jamaican recording industry by storm in 1970, a new wave of DJs made their mark on the island's music scene, a handful of whom quickly supplanted most of their predecessors and transformed the art of toasting into a respected art form. At the forefront of this second movement was Roy Reid AKA I Roy, who dee-jayed for local sound systems in the late '60s before making his mark as a recording artist in 1971. Soon after, leading Jamaican producer Augustus Clarke snapped for his Gussie Records label, with their subsequent sessions together resulting in the DJ's highly acclaimed debut LP, Gussie Presenting I Roy LP. Released in the UK by Trojan Records in 1973, the album established I Roy as one of reggae music's most accomplished and original music innovators, whose erudite and eloquent style would in time revolutionize the art of toasting.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.