- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Inventions - Blanket Waves
- Write a Review
- #K84353 000000000 K84353000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:12/04/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. When Explosions In The Sky's Mark T. Smith and Eluvium's Matthew Cooper united as Inventions last ye...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:12/04/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. When Explosions In The Sky's Mark T. Smith and Eluvium's Matthew Cooper united as Inventions last year, the expectation was a sound that married Smith's iconic, emotional compositions with Cooper's introspective, occasionally noisy ambiance. For the most part, their debut album delivered on that promise. However, their quick follow-up, Maze of Woods, exploded those sounds and smeared them into a rich, abstract space where comfort and confusion coexist. The duo's individual identities dissolved into a fluid, ever-changing landscape of mechanical rhythms, vocal samples, and indeterminate instrumentation. It was uniquely haunting, and brilliantly executed. Blanket Waves continues in the direction charted on Maze of Woods increasingly malleable, and even farther-reaching in it's blurring of dream and reality. Composed of two 12-minute tracks, it encompasses the curiosity and craft that Smith and Cooper are renowned for, exemplified by their weaving of seemingly disparate pieces into a breathtaking pastiche that manages to evoke the same sense of wonder and blissful abandon that have made Explosions In The Sky and Eluvium so important to so many.;Track List:1. Blanket Waves (14:12) - Inventions;2. Hearing Loss (11:52) - Inventions
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.