- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jay Chattaway - Maniac (original Soundtrack)
- Write a Review
- #K64246 000000000 K64246000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/25/2016;Notes:Death Waltz Recording Co. Is proud to present a re-issue of Jay Chattaway's soundtrack to the 1980 classic Maniac. An a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/25/2016;Notes:Death Waltz Recording Co. Is proud to present a re-issue of Jay Chattaway's soundtrack to the 1980 classic Maniac. An absolutely phenomenal, sleazy synth score from Jay Chattaway, perfectly capturing the unease and grime of Times Square in it's pre-Disney clean up era. It's minimal synth lines, full to the brim with dark brooding menace, exaggerated ring modulations and discordant strings manage to echo the utter despair of Joe Spinell's character on screen. This stands head and shoulders above similar 80's synth scores which often riffed on John Carpenter's Halloween score a little too much. Maniac sees Chattaway going wild, adding layers of noise & dialogue into the mix, giving the score an utterly claustrophobic feel that manages to be both terrifying and exhilarating at the same time. This is a genuinely uncomfortable listen and it is easy to see why it has become such a classic amongst synth-heads and horror fans alike.;Track List:1. Maniac's Theme (Main Titles);2. Apocalypse N.Y;3. On the Beach/Hooker's Heartbeat;4. A Little Knife Music;5. Inner Voices;6. Maniac Strikes Again;7. Blast Him;8. Blast Her;9. Window Shopping;10. Subway Terror;11. Goodbye Rita;12. Cemetary Chase;13. Cry for Mother;14. Mannequin's Revenge;15. Maniac's Theme (End Titles);Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.