- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John Coltrane - Believer
- Write a Review
- #K69384 000000000 K69384000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/24/2015;Notes:2014 vinyl LP pressing reissue. The tracks on the Believer, taken from three different sessions of 1957-58 vintage, sho...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/24/2015;Notes:2014 vinyl LP pressing reissue. The tracks on the Believer, taken from three different sessions of 1957-58 vintage, show John Coltrane's keen interest in young jazz talent. The title piece was composed by McCoy Tyner, still a teenager at the time and more than two years away from his key role in Coltrane's working quartet. Another high school student, Ray Draper, is featured on two bonus tracks added to the program of the original LP, which find Coltrane forming half of an unusual tuba/tenor sax front line. "Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful?" includes one of the earliest recorded solos by Freddie Hubbard, in the first of his studio collaborations with Coltrane. There are other treats, including the always sparkling Red Garland and a composition by the underrated Calvin Massey but the main event, as always, is Coltrane, who turns in particularly explosive work on the two January 1958 quintet titles that have Donald Byrd on trumpet. With Donald Byrd, Red Garland, Paul Chambers, Louis Hayes, Freddie Hubbard, Arthur Taylor, Ray Draper, Gil Coggins, Spanky DeBrest, Larry Ritchie.;Track List:1. The Believer;2. Nakatini Serenade;3. Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful?
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.