- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John Sangster - Ahead of Hair
- Write a Review
- #K89164 000000000 K89164000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/12/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. Finally, after much wrangling, the Blank Recording Company is truly chuffed to be able to ma...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/12/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. Finally, after much wrangling, the Blank Recording Company is truly chuffed to be able to make available again for the first time since their original releases the three highly sought after and extremely rare albums by John Sangster, originally released on Festival Records from 1967-1969. Ahead Of Hair was his third album, originally released in 1969. It was also his final album for Festival Records. An interpretation of the music featured in the musical, Hair along with three original electronic pieces. Undoubtedly inspired by working with Tully on the Australian version of Hair. Players on this album are John Sangster, Bob McIvor, Ken Herron, Lennie Hutchinson, Derek Fairbrass, Col Nolan and Ben Turpin. Produced by Pat Aulton. John Sangster is known the world over as a legendary Australian jazz multi-instrumentalist, composer and arranger. Aside from releasing his own records, his name is on credits on many other albums from straight ahead jazz, prog, psych, country rock, soul and all points between. Copperwine, Tully, Don Burrows, Ray Brown / Moonstone, Sven Libaek, Judy Bailey. The list goes on...
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.