- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Leyla McCalla - A Day For The Hunter, A Day For The Prey
- Write a Review
- L41671 000000000 L41671000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/27/2016;Notes:Leyla McCalla - A Day for the Hunter, A Day for the Prey - Leyla McCalla's new album A Day For The Hunter, A Day For Th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/27/2016;Notes:Leyla McCalla - A Day for the Hunter, A Day for the Prey - Leyla McCalla's new album A Day For The Hunter, A Day For The Prey, takes it's title by a book of the same name that the singer and cellist read while pregnant with her first daughter. Taking it's title in turn from a Haitian proverb, the book analyzes the intersection of politics, power and music in Haiti. McCalla, a former member of The Carolina Chocolate Drops who now calls New Orleans home, was struck by how political crisis can create a scene for music to be born. Through deeply felt originals and interpretations of traditional songs from Creole, Cajun, Haitian, American folk and jazz canons, the album depicts a diverse American experience and Leyla's struggles with and acceptance of her own identity. A Day For The Hunter, A Day For The Prey includes guests Rhiannon Giddens (a bandmate in the Carolina Chocolate Drops), guitarist Marc Ribot, fiddler Louis Michot of Lost Bayou Ramblers and more.;Track List:1. A Day for the Hunter a Day for the Prey;2. Les Plats Sont Tous Mis Sur la Table;3. Far from Your Web;4. Little Sparrow;5. Manman;6. Peze Café;7. Bluerunner;8. Vietnam;9. Salangadou;10. Let It Fall;11. Fey-O;12. Minis Azaka
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.