- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Madlib - Shades Of Blue
- Write a Review
- #K65350 000000000 K65350000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/07/2017;Notes:Limited double 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing. Shades Of Blue is an unique project that turns over the legacy of th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/07/2017;Notes:Limited double 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing. Shades Of Blue is an unique project that turns over the legacy of the esteemed Blue Note jazz label to one of hip-hop's most unique artists, Madlib. He is considered to be one of hip hop's most inventive visionaries and connects it's productions through smart lyrics and poetics. The album opens with the declaration that 'We are now having a little cooking session for Blue Note right here on the scene...' Madlib was afforded the opportunity to mine the crates of Blue Note. On Shades of Blue, he delivers remixes and brand spanking new interpretations of Blue Note classics. Whether funking out Ronnie Foster's original 'Mystic Brew' and transforming it into the 'Mystic Bounce' or giving Wayne Shorter's 'Footprints' a go with Yesterday's New Quintet, rest assured that Madlib's innovative sonic vocabulary will fill the ears. Other artists receiving a Madlib re-imagination include Donald Byrd, Bobbi Humphrey, Bobby Hutcherson, Horace Silver, The Three Sounds and many more. Pitchfork album reviewer Scott Hreha rates the album 8.6 'Listening to Madlib's music, I'm reminded of the Black radical maestros responsible for some of the outermost limits music-making of the past half-century: Sun Ra, George Clinton, Lee 'Scratch' Perry'. In 2014, it ranked at number 11 on Paste's '12 Classic Hip-Hop Albums That Deserve More Attention' list.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.