- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Oumou Sangare - Moussolou
- Write a Review
- #K68156 000000000 K68156000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/16/2016;Notes:In 1989 Oumou Sangare, a young singer from the Wassoulou region of southern Mali, went to the JBZ studio in Abidjan, Co...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/16/2016;Notes:In 1989 Oumou Sangare, a young singer from the Wassoulou region of southern Mali, went to the JBZ studio in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire to record her debut album. Except for electric guitar and bass, the line-up was traditional - kamalengoni or 5-string 'youth's harp', karinyang (iron scraper) and violin (substituting the local one-string fiddle). The music they recorded was exactly the kind of music performed by hunters to charm the wild animals and invoke the protecting spirits, but with updated lyrics reflecting the concerns of young women living in African cities today. The music of Wassoulou, with its funky beat and strong melodies has become increasingly popular in Mali over the last few years. But no one could have foretold the wild success of Oumou Sangare's recording, which within a few months had sold over one hundred thousand copies in West Africa alone - not counting bootlegs. This was Mali's best selling cassette ever. And not a drum machine or synthesizer on it! The vinyl is pressed on 180 gram heavyweight vinyl, deluxe sleeve and with a beautiful 10 page booklet and download card.;Track List:1. Djama Kaissoumou;2. Diaraby Nene;3. Woula Bara Diagna;4. Moussolou;5. Diya Gneba;6. Ah Ndiya;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL, DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.