- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Pan American - Quiet City
- Write a Review
- #K66087 000000000 K66087000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/26/2007;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2004 album from this solo project by Labradford's Mark Nelson (AKA Pan American). The first two albu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/26/2007;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2004 album from this solo project by Labradford's Mark Nelson (AKA Pan American). The first two albums under this moniker were organic, strange and beautiful outings with standard instrumentations and various keyboards added for effect. His last got jiggy with a barrage of computer generated effects and sounds almost exclusively. On Quiet City, Nelson brings back the layered electronics, shimmering muffled beats, and striated time and space stretches, and juxtaposes them against upright bass, drums, trumpet, and flugelhorn. As he has done on the early Labradford records, Nelson even sings, making poetic song-like structures of his compositions. The result is a deeply nocturnal, hushed recording that moves in several directions at once. The textures come in waves rather than layers, but they lap at the unconscious rather than in your backbone. They don't swirl so much as undulate, and the various pieces become one dark rainbow body of restrained, humid, sonic inquiry that goes nowhere and everywhere at once.;Track List:1. Before;2. Smallholding;3. Wing;4. Inside Elevation;5. Hall and Skylight;6. Lights on Water;7. Retouch;8. Christo en Pilsen
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.