- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Randy Newman - Good Old Boys
- Write a Review
- K61897 000000000 K61897000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/07/2017;Notes:Limited 150 gram vinyl LP pressing. Good Old Boys is the fifth album by Randy Newman, released in September 1974 on Rep...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/07/2017;Notes:Limited 150 gram vinyl LP pressing. Good Old Boys is the fifth album by Randy Newman, released in September 1974 on Reprise Records. It was Newman's first album to obtain major commercial success. Initially envisioned as a concept album about a character named Johnny Cutler, an everyman of the Deep South. The kernel of this concept survived into the released album, although as Newman's take on viewpoints from the inhabitants of the Deep South in general, rather than from a single individual character. As on his previous release, Newman addressed generally taboo topics such as slavery and racism, most stringently on the opening song "Rednecks," a simultaneous satire on institutional racism in the Deep South and the hypocrisy of the northern states in response. Newman also incorporates actual historical events into the album, remarking upon the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 on "Louisiana 1927" and a plea to Richard Nixon to alleviate poverty as a result of the recession of the mid-1970s on "Mr. President (Have Pity on the Working Man)".;Track List:1. Rednecks;2. Birmingham;3. Marie;4. Mr. President (Have Pity on the Working Man);5. Guity;6. Louisiana 1927;7. Every Man a King;8. Kingfish;9. Naked Man;10. A Wedding in Cherokee County;11. Back on My Feet Again;12. Rollin';Special Attributes:150 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.