- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Silvio Rodriguez - Best of Silvio Rodriguez: Cuba Classics 1
- Write a Review
- #K56396 000000000 K56396000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/30/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing, includes digital download. David Byrne was very interested in new forms of Latin music, and since th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/30/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing, includes digital download. David Byrne was very interested in new forms of Latin music, and since there was an embargo on most things Cuban at the time we didn't really know what was going on there without going over and seeing for ourselves. So in 1990 we did. We did three albums there, the first, Cuba Classics 1 The Best of Silvio Rodriguez, is actually our best selling Luaka Bop album of all time (selling 400,000 copies!!!!) but it sold so evenly that we had no idea it was doing so well. In that annoying way of Westerners to compare people from another culture to someone in their own, Silvio was often compared to being Bob Dylan of Latin America. This was not only because he sang songs of political importance but also because he could fill stadiums and he sang poetry. His influence is not to be underestimated.;Track List:1. Sueño de Una Noche de Verano;2. Causas y Azares;3. Playa Girón;4. Canto Arena;5. La Maza;6. Canción Urgente Para Nicaragua;7. Sueño Con Serpientes;8. Unicornio;9. Nuestro Tema;10. O Melancolía;Special Attributes:DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.