- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yo-Yo Ma - Alonen Cello Concerto
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L67151 000000000 L67151000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/12/2019;Notes:Some of the ideas for Esa Pekka Salonen's Cello Concerto can be traced back by at least three decades, but the actual m...Click To Read More About This Product
Release Date:04/12/2019;Notes:Some of the ideas for Esa Pekka Salonen's Cello Concerto can be traced back by at least three decades, but the actual material for the piece was mostly developed in the summer of 2015. In this year Esa Pekka decided to spend a few months researching for new kinds of textures without a concrete plan how to use them. He decided to use some phrases from his 2010 solo cello work... knock, breathe, shine... in the second and third movements as he always felt that the music of the solo piece was almost orchestral in it's scope and character, and would function well within an orchestral environment._x000D_ _x000D_ Esa said it has been a very great pleasure and honour to write a concerto for one of the most unique life-givers and communicators of our time, Yo-Yo Ma. It has been inspiring to know that his technique knows no limits. Perhaps more importantly: nor does his imagination. There are faster, more playful episodes alternating with the cloud, and finally the movement gains enough speed for the balance to tilt towards fast music. At the end a variation of the cloud returns. _x000D_ _x000D_ The Salonen's Cello Concerto package includes a 4-page booklet with liner notes and credits.;Track List:1. Salonen Cello Concerto Part I;2. Salonen Cello Concerto Part II;3. Salonen Cello Concerto Part III;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.