- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yusef Lateef - Live At Ronnie Scott's 15th January 1966
- Write a Review
- #K64985 000000000 K64985000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/25/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. This is a previously unreleased live club performance from Yusef Lateef, the brilliant multi-instrum...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/25/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. This is a previously unreleased live club performance from Yusef Lateef, the brilliant multi-instrumentalist whose mixing of jazz and Eastern music was a great influence on some of the finest musicians of the era including John Coltrane and Pharaoh Sanders. Accompanied at Ronnie Scott's by the house band of pianist Stan Tracey, double bassist Rick Laird and drummer Bill Eyden, most of the repertoire played comes from Lateef's earlier recordings for Savoy and Prestige such as Jazz Moods and Eastern Sounds. Lateef plays flute on 'The Dreamer' and 'Last Night Blues' (it was the last night of the run). He plays the shenai - a kind of oboe - on 'Blues for The Orient', the xun - a Chinese flute - on 'Song of Delilah', and tenor saxophone on 'Yusef's Mood'. The evening's performance was recorded by Les Tomkins at the request of Ronnie Scott. The musicians were unaware they were being recorded as Scott believed they would be at their best and most unselfconscious this way. This record was mastered at Gearbox Records directly from the original 1/4" tapes. Cut on Haeco Scully lathe with Westrex RA1700 series amps, Westrex 3DIIA cutting head and Telefunken U73B tube limiter Maselec master control and equalization.;Track List:1. Angel Eyes;2. Blues for the Orient;3. Song of Delilah;4. Last Night Blues;5. Yusef's Mood
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.