- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Berklee Press Jazz Improvisation for Guitar Book/Online Audio
- Product 906460
Melodies based on triads and melodic extensions sound more natural and musical than ones developed exclusively from scales. Triads--the fundamental b...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A Melodic Approach
Melodies based on triads and melodic extensions sound more natural and musical than ones developed exclusively from scales. Triads--the fundamental building blocks of harmony--are a simple and effective remedy for scale dependency in improvisation. Jazz Improvisation for Guitar explores the potential of triads and their melodic extensions and teaches you to connect them using guide tones. You'll learn to create solo phrases in the style of some of the world's finest jazz guitarists like Wes Montgomery, George Benson, Grant Green, Kenny Burrell, and Pat Martino.
The included play-along Online Audio features outstanding musical examples and rhythm-section tracks performed by a topflight trio: Garrison Fewell on guitar, Steve LaSpina on bass, and John Riley on drums. A special bonus track explores the techniques you've learned throughout the book.
- Broaden your melodic palette using triads, melodic extensions, guide tones, and altered notes
- Expand your agility on the fretboard, throughout the range of the guitar
- Learn the intervals that make up melodies
- Add articulation to your phrases by playing excerpts in the styles of the masters of jazz guitar
- Use guide tones to connect your melodic lines and play the changes
- Get the rhythmic skills essential to jazz phrasing
- Use guide tones to build voicings for comping
- Tablature included
- Author: Garrison Fewell
- ISBN: 0634017721
- 9 x 12
- 143 pages
A great learning tool for jazz guitarists. Order today!