Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Hudson Music Neil Peart: Anatomy of a Drum Solo (2-DVD Set)true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Hudson Music Neil Peart: Anatomy of a Drum Solo (2-DVD Set)$49.95
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Neal Peart is the definitive progressive rock drummer on the scene, and this exploration into his approach is totally unique.
The Neil Peart Anatomy of a Drum Solo DVD features Neil talking about his approach to soloing, dissecting a solo recorded in September, 2004 in Frankfurt, Germany. Neil reviews each segment of this 9-minute tour de force that is a highlight of each Rush performance. He delves into the inspiration and the concept behind each part of the solo and discusses and demonstrates the technique required for performing that segment.
The DVD of drum lessons also includes additional interviews and analysis of Rush performances from the drummer's perspective.
- DISC ONE
- Anatomy of a Drum Solo
- Der Trommler" (recorded September, 2004, Frankfurt)
- Neil's analysis and discussion of "Der Trommler" and of his approach to soloing
- Sidebar 1-Exclusive Hamburg solo ("Ich Bin Ein Hamburger")
- Sidebar 2- "Exploration #1"
- DISC TWO
- Bonus Features, including: "Exploration #2"
- "O Baterista" (solo from Rush in Rio)
- Interview with Paul Northfield, Rush co-producer and engineer, and Lorne Wheaton, Neil's drum tech
- Lorne Wheaton setting up and talking about Neil's drumkit
- 2 Rush performances from the perspective of the
- drum cameras
- A Previously Unreleased Solo from Rush's 1994 Counterparts Tour
- Special Features
- Alternate Edits-During parts of Neil's analysis of "Der Trommler," the viewer can choose between two different edits, one with related playing examples in full screen and one with Neil in view while the playing example is shown in a separate inset. These spots are identified by an on-screen icon.
NO drummer should be without a copy of this DVD. Order today!
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.