Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Bach 42BO Stradivarius Series F-Attachment Trombone Lacquer Gold Brass Bell Lightweight Slidetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Lacquer Gold Brass Bell Lightweight Slide
Bach 42BO Stradivarius Series F-Attachment Trombone Lacquer Gold Brass Bell Lightweight Slide$3,679.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An open wrap is freer blowing with a more uniform tone.
The 42BO Series features an open wrap F attachment section. The open wrap offers a more uniform sound, so when the trombone player uses the F attachment the sound is not different from the sound of the trombone without engaging the trigger.
Bach Stradivarius trombones are famous for their fullness of sound and projection. This is achieved by use of one-piece construction, allowing for unrestricted vibration of the bell. In addition to the shape of the bell flare, the type and thickness of the bell material also affect the sound. Gold brass, which is softer with a red tint-due to a higher copper content-results in a warm tone. Silver plated bells create a full complement of partials, or overtones, in the tonal spectrum for a focused sound with great projection. Trombones with a heavyweight bell in yellow or gold brass can be special ordered for a player needing an instrument for situation involving dark qualities or high dynamic levels without distortion.
Lightweight handslides, denoted by LT before the model number, indicates a handslide made of nickel silver. The weight of the slide has been reduced by using nickel silver tubing on the outer slide tubes. Lightweight slides offer a quicker response than traditional yellow brass slides, and are also more resistant to corrosion.
- Key: Bb / F
- Bore: .547-inch
- Leadpipe: Fixed
- Leadpipe Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell: 8.5-inch One-Piece Hand-Hammered
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass, Gold Brass, Sterling Silver
- Handslide: Standard or Lightweight
- Handslide Material: Standard - Yellow Brass; Lightweight - Nickel Silver
- Handslide Crook Material: Standard - Yellow Brass; Lightweight - Nickel Silver
- F Attachment Wrap: Open
- F Attachment Valve: Standard
- Features: Ball Bearing Rotor Linkage; Nickel Silver Tuning Slide Receivers and Tubular Nickel Silver Braces
- Case: 1867 Deluxe Wood Shell with Attached Cover
- Mouthpiece: Bach 6.5A
- Mouthpiece Shank: Large
- Finish: Lacquer; Silver Plating Available by Special Order
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.