- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Meinl Weston 6450/2 Baer Handmade Series 5-Valve 6/4 CC Tuba
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 583534 000232000 583534000232000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Meinl Weston 6450/2 Baer Handmade Series 5-Valve 6/4 CC Tuba was developed together with Alan Baer, tubist with the New York Philharmonic Orchest...Click To Read More About This Product
Baer Handmade Model!
The Meinl Weston 6450/2 Baer Handmade Series 5-Valve 6/4 CC Tuba was developed together with Alan Baer, tubist with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, who played on Gronitz and Mirafone instruments, but needed a large orchestral CC-Tuba that would exhibit the flexibility to create an immense amount of sound without sacrificing core or clarity. It features a .748" bore with a .787" 4th valve bore and a .846" 5th valve bore plus a 18.89" upright bell. It also features bows that are hand hammered and are lighter to create a slightly quicker response than the machine-molded bows of the production series Baer tuba. The Meinl Weston 6450/2 Baer Handmade Series 5-Valve 6/4 CC Tuba is available in silver finish. Case sold separately inlcuded.
This new orchestral Tuba was developed together with Alan Baer, the Tubist with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra who played on Gronitz and Mirafone, but needed a large orchestral CC-Tuba that would exhibit the flexibility to create an immense amount of sound without sacrificing core or clarity. While on tour with the New York Philharmonic, Meinl-Weston brought Mr. Baers ideas to reality and created this new model together with him.
Top Meinl Weston Baer handcrafted for optimum performance—call or click today!
- Key: CC
- Size: 6/4
- Bore: .748-inch Primary; .787-inch 4th Valve and .846-inch 5th Valve
- Bell: 18.89-inch
- Bell Position: Upright
- Number of Valves: 5
- Valve Position: Front
- Valve Type: 4 Piston and 1 Rotary
- Valve Material: Stainless Steel Piston and Brass Rotary
- Features: Hand Hammered Bows; Piston and Rotary Valve Design
- Case: No
- Mouthpiece: No
- Finish: Silver
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.