Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
- Popular Brands
Amps & Effects
Keys & MIDI
- Audio Interfaces
- Recording Packages
- Audio Recorders
- Signal Processors
Schilke Gold Plated Trombone Mouthpieces Small Shank 42BGP Goldtrue true
- Applying is fast and easy!
- Status and credit amount on validation!
- Instant decisions so you can make your purchase now!
Get the Lease-to-Own program that helps you purchase the gear you need today
- No Credit Needed*
- 90-day Purchase Option*
Standard agreement offers 12 months to ownership. 90-day purchase options cost more than the retailerâs cash price (except 3-month option in CA). To purchase early call 877-898-1970
- Flexible Payments
The advertised service is lease-to-own or a rental- or lease-purchase agreement provided by Prog Leasing, LLC, or its affiliates. Acquiring ownership by leasing costs more than the retailerâs cash price. See lease for details. Leasing available on select items at participating locations only. Not available in MN, NJ, VT, WI, WY. *No Credit Needed â Progressive Leasing obtains information from credit bureaus. Not all applicants are approved. *The initial Payment (plus tax) is charged at lease signing. Remaining lease payments will be determined upon item selection. *90-day purchase option â Standard agreement offers 12 months to ownership. 90-day purchase options cost more than the retailerâs cash price (except 3-month option in CA). To purchase early call 877-898-1970
Musician's Friend Rewards
Join for free and start earning 8% back on every purchase. Rewards members also receive double- and triple-point offers, access to member-only deals, as well as a dedicated phone line to Gear Advisers and a $25 coupon on your birthday, all on us.Join For Free
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: 42BGP Gold
Schilke Gold Plated Trombone Mouthpieces Small Shank 42BGP Gold
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Available sizes: 40BGP, 40GP, 42BGP, 42GP, 43AGP, 44E4GP, 45BGP, 45GP, 46GP, 46DGP, 47BGP, 47GP, 47C4GP, 50GP, 50C4GP, 51BGP, 51GP, 51C4GP, 51DGP, 52GP, 52DGP, 52E2GP, 53GP
- Finish: Gold plate
Upgrade your tone. Order today.
Gold Plated Trombone Mouthpieces Small Shank Specifications:
- 40B: 22.51mm, .886 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Extremely small inner rim diameter and shallow B cup. This mouthpiece, with its wide-rounded rim, works well for the trumpet player who doubles on trombone.
- 40: 22.53mm, .887 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Since the cup diameter is small, the upper register is improved. In addition, the tone has considerable projection. It is excellent for the bass trumpet and valve trombone.
- 42B: 22.99mm, .921 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Contour profile – this mouthpiece is well suited for the small tenor trombone and lead or commercial playing.
- 42: 23.22mm, .914 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Slightly larger diameter and deeper than the 42B, the 42 features a standard C cup.
- 43A: 23.57mm, .924 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Contour profile – this mouthpiece was designed for the lead trombone player desiring an easy high register.
- 44E4: 24.28mm, .956 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Though a small cup diameter, this mouthpiece offers a very deep E cup and semi-flat number 4 rim.
- 45B: 24.30mm, .953 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Contour profile – designed for the lead trombone player with a larger cup volume than the 43A.
- 45: 24.38mm, .953 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. The semi-flat rim has a high point close to the center of the mouthpiece which allows for a great deal of flexibility. Ideally suited for the beginner trombone player.
- 46: 24.54mm, .966 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Slightly larger than the 45, this is also a good beginner’s mouthpiece.
- 46D: 24.76mm, .975 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. The cup diameter and volume is slightly larger than the 46, producing a full, resonant tone. Also recommended for the younger baritone/euphonium player.
- 47B: 24.87mm, .979 inch cup diameter; C throat. Contour profile – This mouthpiece is a good all-around mouthpiece for the jazz player that is requiring quick response and a resonant high register.
- 47: 24.99mm, .984 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. For both professionals and students alike, this outstanding mouthpiece combines good response with superior tone quality and intonation.
- 47C4: 25.10mm, .988 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Like the model 47 but with a slightly wider, semi-flat number 4 rim.
- 50: 25.40mm, 1.00 inch cup diameter; 17/64 throat. Particularly adapted to the medium and medium-large bore tenor trombones. The Schilke standard options make this a fine all- around mouthpiece.
- 50C4: 25.40mm, 1.00 inch cup diameter; F throat. The medium-deep cup and medium-wide rim make this mouthpiece an outstanding choice for medium and large-bore tenor trombones, combining a rich, full sound with a high level of efficiency and playability.
- 51B: 25.63mm, 1.010 inch cup diameter; F throat. This mouthpiece incorporates a large diameter with a medium-small B cup and small throat.
- 51: 25.63mm, 1.010 inch cup diameter; J throat. A large bowl shaped cup producing a rich tone quality. Ideally suited for large bore tenor and orchestral performers.
- 51C4: 25.63mm, 1.010 inch cup diameter; J throat. Similar to the model 51 with a slightly shallower cup and semi-flat number 4 rim.
- 51D: 25.55mm, 1.005 inch cup diameter; J throat. One of our most popular, this mouthpiece offers a very large D cup and is excellent for the strong player. It is particularly suited for the Euphonium, producing a full dark tone.
- 52: 25.78mm, 1.015 inch cup diameter; 17/64 throat. Slightly larger diameter than the model 51, this mouthpiece produces a slightly broader sound.
- 52D: 25.78mm, 1.015 inch cup diameter; ¼ throat. Like the 51D, the large D cup makes this mouthpiece ideal for symphonic trombone playing. Also a good choice for the Euphonium player requiring a larger diameter than the 51D.
- 52E2: 25.91mm, 1.020 inch cup diameter; J throat. With its extremely deep E cup and narrower, rounder number 2 rim makes this mouthpiece an ideal symphonic choice for the robust player. Also a good choice for Euphonium player requiring more cup volume than the 52D.
- 53: 26.24mm, 1.033 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. This combination of large cup diameter and bowl shape is widely favored by those who desire a rich full sound.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.