- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Schilke Standard Large Shank Trombone Mouthpiece in Silver
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #475216 000949902 475216000949902
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
For over a generation the standard Schilke trombone mouthpiece models have been accepted as the top choice for the serious trombone or euphonium play...Click To Read More About This Product
A top choice for the serious trombonist.
For over a generation the standard Schilke trombone mouthpiece models have been accepted as the top choice for the serious trombone or euphonium player. These classic models feature comfortable rim profiles and unique cup shapes. Designed to fit large shank tenor and bass trombones, these mouthpieces offer a variety of sizes to compliment any player.
- Available sizes: 44E4, 46, 46D, 47, 47C4, 50, 50C4, 51B, 51, 51C4, 51D, 52, 52D, 52E2, 53, 57, 58, 59, 60
- Model number: The model number references 4 areas—Cup Diameter, Cup Volume, Rim Contour, and Backbore
- Cup Diameter: Smallest numbers are the smallest diameter; diameter sizes increases as the number increases
- Cup Volume: A—Small, shallow; B—Medium Small; C—Standard, medium; D—Medium Large; E—Large
- Rim Contour: 1—Roundest; 2—Semi-Round; 3—Standard; 4—Semi-Flat; 5—Flattest
- Backbore: a—Tight; b—Straight, slightly more open; c—Standard; d—Medium-Large, slightly curved out; e—Large;
- Finish: Silver plate
Upgrade your tone. Order today.
- 44E4: 24.28mm, .956 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. A small cup diameter, this mouthpiece offers a very deep E cup and semi-flat number 4 rim.
- 46: 24.54mm, .966 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. The semi-flat rim has a high point close to the center of the mouthpiece which allows for a great deal of flexibility. Ideally suited for the beginner trombone player.
- 46D: 24.76mm, .975 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. The cup diameter and volume is slightly larger than the 46, producing a full, resonant tone. Also recommended for the younger baritone/euphonium player.
- 47: 24.99mm, .984 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. For both professionals and students alike, this outstanding mouthpiece combines good response with superior tone quality and intonation.
- 47C4: 25.10mm, .988 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. For both professionals and students alike, this outstanding mouthpiece combines good response with superior tone quality and intonation. Like the model 47 but with a slightly wider, semi-flat number 4 rim.
- 50: 25.40mm, 1.00 inch cup diameter; 17/64 throat. Particularly adapted to the medium and large-bore tenor trombones. This Schilke standard model make this a fine all-around mouthpiece.
- 50C4: 25.40mm, 1.00 inch cup diameter; F throat. The medium-deep cup and medium-wide rim make this mouthpiece an outstanding choice for medium and large-bore tenor trombones, combining a rich, full sound with a high level of efficiency and playability.
- 51B: 25.63mm, 1.010 inch cup diameter; F throat. This mouthpiece incorporates a large diameter with a medium-small B cup and small throat.
- 51: 25.63mm, 1.010 inch cup diameter; J throat. A large bowl shaped cup producing a rich tone quality. Ideally suited for large bore tenor and orchestral performers.
- 51C4: 25.63mm, 1.010 inch cup diameter; J throat. A large bowl shaped cup producing a rich tone quality. Ideally suited for large bore tenor and orchestral performers. Similar to the model 51, with a slightly shallower cup and semi-flat number 4 rim.
- 51D: 25.55mm, 1.005 inch cup diameter; J throat. One of the most popular Schilke models, this mouthpiece offers a very large D cup and is excellent for the strong player. It is particularly suited for the Euphonium, producing a full dark tone.
- 52: 25.78mm, 1.015 inch cup diameter; 17/64 throat. Slightly larger diameter than the model 51, this mouthpiece produces a slightly broader sound.
- 52D: 25.78mm, 1.015 inch cup diameter; ¼ throat. Like the model 51D, the large D cup makes this mouthpiece ideal for symphonic trombone playing. Also a good choice for the Euphonium player requiring a larger diameter mouthpiece.
- 52E2: 25.91mm, 1.020 inch cup diameter; J throat. With its extremely deep E cup and narrower, rounder number 2 rim, this mouthpiece an ideal symphonic choice for the robust player. Also a good choice for Euphonium player requiring more cup volume than the 52D.
- 53: 26.24mm, 1.033 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. This combination of large cup diameter and bowl shape is widely favored by those who desire a rich full sound.
- 57: 26.52mm, 1.044 inch cup diameter; 15/64 throat. This model is an excellent choice for those who play tenor and bass trombone.
- 58: 27.68mm, 1.090 inch cup diameter; 19/64 throat. A highly recommended mouthpiece for those who double on tenor and bass, and the full-time bass trombonist, combining both good intonation with great lower and upper registers.
- 59: 28.52mm, 1.123 inch cup diameter; 19/64 throat. An outstanding mouthpiece for the full-time bass trombonist, combining great intonation with excellent lower and upper registers.
- 60: 29.03mm, 1.143 inch cup diameter; 5/16 throat. The largest Schilke bass mouthpiece offering a full body of sound for the experienced player.
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.