Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Schilke Standard Series French Horn Mouthpiece in Silver 29 Silvertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: 29 Silver
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Lowest Price
- Available sizes: 27, 28, 29, 30B, 30, 30C2, 31, 31B, 31C2, 32
- Model number: The model number references 4 areas—Cup Diameter, Cup Volume, Rim Contour, and Backbore
- Cup Diameter: Smallest numbers are the smallest diameter; diameter sizes increases as the number increases
- Cup Volume: A—Small, shallow; B—Medium Small; C—Standard, medium; D—Medium Large; E—Large
- Rim Contour: 1—Roundest; 2—Semi-Round; 3—Standard; 4—Semi-Flat; 5—Flattest
- Backbore: a—Tight; b—Straight, slightly more open; c—Standard; d—Medium-Large, slightly curved out; e—Large; x—Piccolo, Extra Large
- Finish: Silver plate
Upgrade your tone with the right mouthpiece. Order today.
Standard Series French Horn Mouthpiece in Silver Specifications:
- 27: 16.25mm, .640 inch cup diameter; 16, ,177 inch throat. A narrow diameter and thin rim creates a special mouthpiece for the first horn player.
- 28: 16.15mm, .636 inch cup diameter; 26, .147 inch throat. A true “French” model mouthpiece having a small cup and throat that definitely favors the high register. Recommended for the Descant Horn.
- 29: 17.53mm, .690 inch cup diameter; 17, .173 inch throat. Offers a balanced option that is very adaptable to both the younger player and the professional needing a stronger upper register with a large rim diameter, standard rim contour, cup, and smaller bore.
- 30B: 16.92mm, .666 inch cup diameter; 14, .182 inch throat. This model was designed with a smaller “B” style cup and thin, flat rim.
- 30: 17.03mm, .670 inch cup diameter; 17, .173 inch throat. The original Farkas Model, the wide rounded rim and fairly deep cup makes the 30 a good all-around mouthpiece for the experienced player.
- 30C2: 17.03mm, .670 inch cup diameter; 8, .199 inch throat. Based on a standard design, this mouthpiece has an excellent response in high or low range and a free-blowing feel. Recommended for both professional and developing players alike.
- 31: 17.14mm, .675 inch cup diameter; 13, .185 inch throat. This model has a V shaped cup, thicker standard rim and a slightly larger diameter to aid in producing a greater volume of sound.
- 31B: 17.40mm, .687 inch cup diameter; 14, .182 inch throat. A wide rim with a higher center point and a medium depth bowl shaped cup produces a rich, dark tone.
- 31C2: 17.43mm, .688 inch cup diameter; 14, .182 inch throat. The 31C2 has a very thin rim and medium-large cup offering a great volume of tone.
- 32: 17.83mm, .702 inch cup diameter; 2, .221 inch throat. The extra-large cup diameter, cup volume, and backbore produces a rich, dark tone color.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.