- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha Professional YEP-642T Neo Series Compensating Euphonium
- Write a Review
- #L18942 000001000 L18942000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Working together with world-renowned brass band conductor Bill Millar, Yamaha's technical staff started with a clean slate creating numerous euphoniu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
With a main tuning slide trigger for the most precise intonation and playing comfort.
Working together with world-renowned brass band conductor Bill Millar, Yamaha's technical staff started with a clean slate creating numerous euphonium prototypes, redesigning each part and component until all agreed that the ideal brass band sound that we were seeking had been attained.
This euphonium delivers a tone that blends well with baritone and tenor horns. Powerful with excellent projection, it produces the tone color that soloists require in an instrument. This model features a main tuning slide trigger for the most precise intonation and playing comfort.
Main Tuning Slide Trigger System
A main tuning slide trigger system offers precise pitch control as well as solid tone. The lever plate can be pressed during a performance to shift the main tuning slide downward, lowering pitch by a precisely controlled amount. Release the lever plate and the tuning slide returns to its original position. To tune the instrument prior to a performance, loosen the rod base screw so that the main tube tuning slide can be positioned as required. The screw can then be tightened to set the trigger rod to the desired position.
* A 2mm hex wrench (for lever plate vertical position and angle adjustment) and operation manual for the trigger system are supplied.
Adjustable Trigger System
The position, angle, and stroke of the lever plate can be adjusted to optimize trigger system operation and comfort individual needs.
1. Lever plate vertical position and angle adjustment
The supplied hex wrench can be used to loosen the lever plate screws, allowing the vertical position and angle of the lever plate to be adjusted for maximum operation comfort and ease.
2. Lever plate stroke adjustment
Use a standard “minus” screwdriver to rotate the lever plate stroke screw and adjust as required.
Dedicated Trigger Slide
The main tube tuning slides of euphoniums designed for trigger mechanisms have a rod base to which the trigger rod attaches. Additionally, the diameter of the main tube tuning slide inner tube is smaller than normal to ensure smooth trigger operation.
Dedicated Main Tuning Slide Trigger Cover
A special metal cover prevents the main tube tuning slide from coming into to direct contact with and possibly transferring oil to the player’s clothing. Loosen the attachment screw to adjust the position of the cover as required.
- Key: Bb
- Body: Yellow brass
- Bell Diameter: 300mm (11 4/5")
- Bore Size: 15-16.8mm (0.591-0.661")
- Height: 664mm
- Valves: 3 top + 1 side, compensating
- Finish: Clear lacquer
- Mouthpiece: SL-51L
- Case: Included
Trust Yamaha to get it right. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.