- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YX-230 3-Octave Xylophone with Stand
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J48897 000000000 J48897000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This 3-octave tabletop xylophone was designed for easy playability and handling. It can be played without any assembly and its compact, lightweight d...Click To Read More About This Product
Three-octave xylophone with stand, ideal for school systems.
This 3-octave tabletop xylophone was designed for easy playability and handling. It can be played without any assembly and its compact, lightweight design makes it easy to transport. The YX-230 is a particularly good choice for school systems. The YX-230 is sold with a cover and a pair of ME-103 mallets. The X-Stand (YGS-70) is also included with this model.
In addition to a compact 3-octave configuration, the YX-230's bars and frame are made with carefully selected materials to deliver outstanding tone in a remarkably lightweight instrument. The frame is both lightweight and durable, and can be used with confidence in school situations. The post is made of resin so that it will not bend and dampen bar resonance or cause unwanted noise. Resin posts are flexible and will not lose its shape when force is applied. The base of the post is wedge shaped to reduce the chance of accidental detachment. A built-in handle allows for it to be carried by one person.
The tone bars are made of padauk wood, the same material used for Yamaha entry-level marimbas. All bars are 38 millimeters wide, providing the same playability as high-end models. The wood frame is not only light and durable, but also contributes to improved tonal quality. By making the distance from the bottom of the frame to the natural and accidental bars equal, consistent volume is achieved for rich tone and resonance. A cover that protects the instrument from dust and scratches, and a pair of mallets, are included.
- Dimensions: 46 x 6 x 22 in.
- Weight: 22 lb.
- Bars thickness: .8 in.
- Width: 1.5 in.
- Material: Padauk
- Frame Material: Wood
- Range: C52-C88 (3 octaves)
- Pitch: A442 Hz
- Included Accessories: Cover, ME-103 mallets
Ideal for school systems. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.