Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT 6 AM - 6 PM PT
SUN 6 AM - 5 PM PT
RME ADI-2 DAC FS 2-Channel DA Convertertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Technological improvements are ready to deliver great home listening.
Packed into the compact half 19” format factor, this little gem is filled with the finest high-end electronics, offering a reference class conversion from SPDIF coaxial, SPDIF optical (ADAT compatible) and USB to RCA, XLR, TRS and mini-TRS.
The ADI-2 DAC offers balanced/unbalanced analog I/Os, an Extreme Power headphone output, a low noise IEM output, SteadyClock FS, 4-stage hardware output level control, DSP-based signal processing and external power supply operation. It also offers class-compliant USB compatibility and sample rates up to 768kHz, as well as DSD and Direct DSD playback. The SPDIF input signal can even be recorded via USB. The DAC is a true 2-channel Full Duplex audio interface.
The updated ADI-2 DAC uses ESS's ES9028Q2M in a special circuit variant developed by RME engineers that allows the chip to perform at its best. With noise levels of 123dBA, distortion less than –120dB, or THD+N of –116dB, the device delivers outstanding measured values, and allows the IEM output to reach a sensational low noise level of –121dBu. In addition, there is +2.5dB of digital headroom, so that high intersample peaks do not produce any audible distortion. The reserve in volume setting results in a still undistorted analog output signal even at a volume setting of +2.5dB.
There are no significant changes in operation, features and behavior compared to the predecessor, which is why neither appearance nor name have changed. All differences are explained in the detailed manual of the ADI-2 DAC.
Low Noise for IEM lovers
The headphone revolution not only brought headphones but also IEMs (in-ear monitors) back into the attention of audiophiles and music lovers. Modern IEMs have a reference sound that easily competes with bulky over-ear headphones, making them a mobile alternative and an interesting at-home solution.
Modern IEMs are extremely sensitive and operate on very low voltages. As a side effect, they uncover the noise floor of the player, DAC or headphone amp. When RME developed its Extreme Power headphone stage, the basic noise floor was taken care to be as low as possible.
RME wanted to make sure that even the most sensitive IEM combined with the most sensitive listener receive the full dynamic range on playback. Capable outputs, like the Extreme Power, are not fully safe against operating errors and might blow up ears or IEMs. RME's solution: adding the most advanced IEM output as second phones connection to the front of the ADI-2 DAC. Its ground noise floor is an astounding 10 dB lower than the one of the Extreme Power output and output impedance is near zero Ohms. THD reaches new record lows, click-free on/off is included as well as volume ramp-up, and the sound quality with any IEM is amazing.
A studio converter with all lights off? Defective. But on a DAC it was one of the most requested features from ADI-2 Pro HiFi customers. Display, function keys, volume knob, and the standby button all go off after 10 seconds of no user operation when AutoDark is activated. Touching any button or control will turn on all lights for 10 seconds. Using the remote, AutoDark can also be switched off or on, and using any button on the remote turns lights on for 3 seconds.
The ADI-2 DAC comes with a remote. This nicely designed remote control has clearly labeled buttons that are readable even in low light conditions. The ergonomic remote also has a laid out button arrangement that is easy to remember. It won't interfere with your ATV or other devices.
New Extended Multi-Remote Support (MRC)
The ADI-2 DAC remote control provides buttons for standby on/off, volume, balance, bass and treble, input selection (optical, coaxial, USB), mute, on/off loudness, bass/treble and EQ. In addition, there are four programmable buttons that provide access to 32 different functions and commands for maximum flexibility.
The ADI-2 DAC is the first device in RME's range with SteadyClock FS. SteadyClock highly rejects jitter and handles all digital interface formats. That's why SteadyClock's design and behavior didn't change in the DAC.
With SteadyClock FS, the focus was on reducing the self jitter of SteadyClock to new lows, by improving its second, analog PLL circuit, and referencing both Direct Digital Synthesis and PLL to a low phase noise quartz crystal. The self jitter measured through DA conversion now reaches levels that usually are only available in master quartz clock mode, while SteadyClock still always runs in PLL mode. No matter if internal or external clock, sound is exactly the same. The low phase noise oscillator driving the updated circuit reaches jitter specs lower than a picosecond, an area called FemtoSecond.
A bit test is used to check the playback path for unwanted changes in the playback data. Playback software can cut bits, add dither, or change the level—without these changes becoming noticed easily. A poorly programmed driver can manipulate bits, and a playback hardware could be both badly designed and defective (hanging bits, swapped bits). Even such features as proper channel assignment, left/right synchronicity and polarity can be tested by a well-made bit test. With a bit test, such errors can be detected and excluded.
Order today to bring the ADI-2 DAC into your home.
ADI-2 DAC FS 2-Channel DA Converter Specifications:
- Lock Range: 28kHz–200kHz
- Jitter suppression: >50dB (2.4kHz)
- Jitter when synced to input signal: < 1 ns
- Accepts Consumer and Professional format
- 1 x RCA, according to IEC 60958
- High-sensitivity input stage (< 0.3 Vpp)
- AES/EBU compatible (AES3-1992)
- 1 x optical, according to IEC 60958
- ADAT compatible
- Analog Outputs
- Output level switchable +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +7 dBu, +1 dBu @ 0 dBFS
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) @ +7/+13/+19 dBu: 120 dB RMS unweighted, 123 dBA
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) @ +1 dBu: 117dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.1dB: 0Hz–20.2kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5dB: 0Hz–44.9kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1dB: 0Hz–88kHz
- Frequency response @ 384 kHz, -1dB: 0Hz–115kHz
- Frequency response @ 768 kHz, -3dB: 0Hz–109kHz
- THD @ 0 dBFS: < -120dB, 0.0001 %
- THD+N @ 0 dBFS: -116dB, 0.00016 %
- Channel separation: > 120dB
- Output impedance: 200 ohm balanced, 100 ohm unbalanced
- As output XLR, but:
- Output: 6.3 mm TS jack, unbalanced
- Output level 6 dB lower than XLR (-5 dBu to +13 dBu @ 0 dBFS)
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) @ +13 dBu: 120 dB RMS unweighted, 123 dBA
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) @ +1/+7 dBu: 116/119 dB RMS unw., 119/122 dBA
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) @ -5 dBu: 112 dB RMS unweighted, 114 dBA
- As Cinch, but:
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, unbalanced, stereo
- Output impedance: 0.1 ohm
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) @ +22dBu: 120dB RMS unweighted, 123dBA
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) @ +7dBu: 118dB RMS unweighted, 121dBA
- Output level at 0 dBFS, High Power, load 100 ohm or up: +22dBu (10V)
- Output level at 0 dBFS, Low Power, load 8 ohm or up: +7dBu (1.73V)
- THD @ +18 dBu, 32 ohm load, 1.2 watts: –120dB, 0.0001 %
- THD+N @ + 18 dBu, 32 ohm Load: –114 dB, 0.0002 %
- THD @ +14 dBu, 16 ohm load, 0.94 watt: -110 dB, 0.0003 %
- Max power @ 0.001% THD: 1.5 W per channel
- As Phones, but:
- Output level at 0 dBFS: -3 dBu, 0.55 V
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) @ -3 dBu: 118dB RMS unweighted, 121 dBA
- Max power, 8 ohm, 0.001% THD: 40 mW per channel
- Clocks: Internal, SPDIF In
- Jitter suppression of external clocks: > 50 dB (2.4kHz)
- Effective clock jitter influence on DA conversion: near zero
- PLL ensures zero dropout, even at more than 100 ns jitter
- Additional Digital Bitclock PLL for trouble-free varispeed ADAT operation
- Supported sample rates for external clocks: 28kHz up to 200kHz
- Internally supported sample rates: 44.1kHz up to 768kHz
- Included power supply: external switching PSU, 100–240V AC, 2A, 24 watts
- Standby power consumption: 120 mW (10 mA)
- Idle power consumption: 7 watts, Max. power consumption: 18 watts
- Idle current at 12 V: 570 mA (6.8 watts)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 215 x 52 x 150 mm (8.5" x 2.05" x 5.9")
- Weight: 1.0 kg ( 2.2 lbs)
- Temperature range: +5° up to +50° Celsius (41° F up to 122°F)
- Relative humidity: < 75%, non condensing
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.