- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sony MDR-1ADAC Headphones with Built-In DAC
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J38749 000002000 J38749000002000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
These headphones, featuring a built-in USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) amplifier, connect digitally to your devices to ensure your music sounds...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A comfortable fit with studio-quality sounds.
These headphones, featuring a built-in USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) amplifier, connect digitally to your devices to ensure your music sounds even closer to the original recording. And because the signal is only converted to analog when it reaches the drivers, you’ll enjoy unmatched clarity and accuracy on every track.
Most portable devices include a simplified digital-to-analog converter, resulting in slightly compromised sound quality. These headphones, with a dedicated USB DAC amp built in, take over control of the conversion process from your device, then amplify sound using the integrated S-Master HX digital amplifier.
Headphones with an integrated, dedicated DAC amp can control conversion and amplification. Music stays digital for longer, only converted to analog as it reaches the drivers.
Listen to music from your PC, Xperia Smartphone, Walkman, or iPhone using one of the supplied digital cables. Or connect to other players using a 3.5 mm stereo audio cable.
Every subtle note, precisely reproduced
Tune in to clear, balanced sound that stays true to the original recording, even at high volume. The highly responsive liquid crystal polymer (LCP) diaphragm is aluminum-coated, and combined with a 1.57 in HD driver, gives a more consistent and precise sound across the entire frequency range than a conventional diaphragm.
Keep sound in
The enfolding design with ergonomic 3D earpads seals music in and keeps distractions out. Acoustics are reflected back towards your ears for the subtlest of sounds.
Style and comfort in perfect harmony
The MDR-1ADAC headphones have Iconic looks with a sleek metal headband and plush, black leather ear pads. They provide pure comfort with a closed-back, wrap-around design that fits securely over your ears.
Conveniently adjust the volume of your music tracks using a rotary-style controller on the headphones
- Dynamic Type: Yes
- Circumaural Type: Yes
- Driver Unit: 1.57 in dynamic
- Frequency Response (HZ): 4–40,000 (digital), 4–100,000 (analog)
- Sensitivities (DB/MW): 102 dB/mW
- Impedance (OHM): 40 Ohm at 1 kHz
- Volume Control: Yes (Rotary)
- Cord Length: 3.94'
- Plug: Stereo mini
- Carrying pouch
- Headphone cord
- Lightning connector cord
- Digital cord for Walkman®
- Digital cord for Xperia
- USB cord
- Warranty card
- Quick start guide
- Reference guide
- Operating instructions
Order this set of headphones today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.