- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
British Drum Co. Merlin Snare Drum
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- Product L48770
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The British Drum Co.'s Merlin’s 20-ply shell consists of alternating vertical and horizontal veneers of two sonically superior hardwoods – maple for ...Click To Read More About This Product
If ever there was a wood-shell snare that truly does it all, it’s the Merlin.
The British Drum Co.'s Merlin’s 20-ply shell consists of alternating vertical and horizontal veneers of two sonically superior hardwoods – maple for focused warmth, and birch for direct brightness. The shell is then expertly finished with a black tulip outer veneer inlaid with a tasty double pinstripe of maple.
The Merlin’s response spans the sonic spectrum from warm and resonant, to focused cutting projection and everything in between. Simply tune it into your comfort zone, or higher for even more crispness and cut, or down for a funkier, drier sound. The response accuracy of this super-dynamic design is stunningly good, and the critics agree with the Merlin picking up a Music Industry Association award and a 5-star review in Rhythm magazine.
- Clean and clear sound that tunes great in both low and high tunings
- Maple and birch, 10.5 mm, 20-ply shell
- Hand cut, 45-degree bearing edges
- Hand cut, 1.8 mm deep snare beds
- Triple flange, 2.3 mm hoops
- 10 Diamond chrome-plated Palladium snare lugs
- Remo coated Ambassador batter head
- Remo Hazy snare resonant head
- BDC Smooth action strainer
- Nyloc lug inserts to prevent de-tuning
- Handmade in Great Britain
- Merlin finish
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.