- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dixon Artisan Equator Wenge Wood Hoop Snare Drum
14 x 5.5 in. Satin Cool Grey
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L71019 000001001 L71019000001001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Artisan series snare drums are designed to perform at the highest level by combining the finest materials and craftsmanship Dixon has to offer. Each ...Click To Read More About This Product
American white oak and steel build a focused, edgy snare sound.
Artisan series snare drums are designed to perform at the highest level by combining the finest materials and craftsmanship Dixon has to offer. Each shell configuration and feature reflects Dixon's commitment to quality and the advancement of the art of drumming manifested in their Equator snare drum.
Equator's shell construction begins with a 4-ply American White Oak shell followed by a rolled steel ring inserted between reinforcement rings for a focused but edgy sound with fast response. Wenge wood hoops add a second dimension to the sound and look of Equator with rich hardwood rim shots and an elegant look.
Like a muscle car with a beast of an engine hiding under the hood, Equator appears to be like any other classy snare drum from the outside, but it's what lies beneath Equator's Cool Grey lacquer and tube lug exterior that turns heads.
Sharp snare sound upgrades your kit. Order today.
- Shell Size: 5.5 x 14 in.
- Total Pieces: 1
- Free Dixon Drummer’s Pouch
- Shell Material: American White Oak and Steel
- Construction: 6-ply (including reinforcement rings)
- Thickness: 7.2mm Oak + 1mm Steel
- Bearing Edge: Double-Cut 45 Degree
- Reinforcement Ring: 2-ply American Oak
- Material: Steel/Chrome
- Hoops: Wenge Hardwood
- Lugs: Classic Tube
- Throw-off: Lever Style
- Internal Muffler: No
- Snares: 20-Stand Steel
- Heads: Branded
- Finish: Cool Grey Satin Lacquer
- Country of Origin: Taiwan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.