- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
DW Collector's Series Purpleheart 7-Piece Lacquer Specialty Shell Pack Natural to Black Burst with Black Nickel Hardware
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J55419 000000000 J55419000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Following the footsteps of the much-talked-about Pure Purpleheart snare drums, are a complete line of custom drums made exclusively from this distinc...Click To Read More About This Product
Drums with heart, Purpleheart to be exact.
Following the footsteps of the much-talked-about Pure Purpleheart snare drums, are a complete line of custom drums made exclusively from this distinct hardwood. Deriving its name for its purple hue, the shells are even more dense than oak and provide ample attack and punch. A sound unlike traditional drum-making woods, such as maple or birch, Pure Purpleheart drums can be custom ordered in any DW Custom Shop size and shell configuration.
VLT™ (Vertical Low Timbre) Drum Shells
In experimenting with different exotic woods as alternate shell making materials, DW's Custom Shell Shop discovered that in addition to the different tonal qualities inherent in every unique type of wood, alterations in grain direction can also greatly influence sound. In a VLT™ shell, the outermost and innermost plies run vertically, rather than a traditionally horizontal configuration. The vertical grain places less tension on the shell, allowing it to vibrate more freely, resulting in the lowered fundamental pitch. For those players who prefer a lower overall tone while still maintaining maximum resonance and attack
- Purpleheart shells built with VLT shells creates perfect blend of attack and fundamental low end
- Rack toms feature DW's patented S.T.M. mounting system
- DW True Hoops and True Pitch rods allow easy, accurate and fast tuning
- Snare fetaures MAG throw off system and 3-position butt plate
Call or click to order today!
- Bass drum(s): 23x18"
- Tom(s): 8x7, 10x8, 12x9"
- Floor tom(s): 14x12, 16x14"
- Snare: 14x6.5"
- Total pieces: 7
- Shell material: Purpleheart
- Construction: 8-Ply, 13-ply snare
- Thickness (mm): Multiple
- Bearing edge: 45°
- Reinforcement ring: Not Applicable
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: S.T.M. (Suspension Tom Mount)
- Hoops: DW True Hoops
- Lugs: Turret
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Lacquer
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.