- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
DW Design Series Frequent Flyer Kit
- Write a Review
- Product J06636
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
"What if there was a travel kit that didn't sound like a travel kit?" The question seems obvious enough, but the minds at DW had never tackled the qu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A travel-friendly jazz kit with tone that defies its predecessors.
"What if there was a travel kit that didn't sound like a travel kit?" The question seems obvious enough, but the minds at DW had never tackled the quandary head-on. So DW went to work on a kit that was just small enough to be travel-friendly, but also substantial enough to sound like a 'real' drum set should.
After years of R&D and discussion, the sizes were established: a 20" x 12" bass drum with low-mass spurs and lightweight ratchet bass drum mount, an 14" x 11" floor tom with aluminum legs, a traditional 12" x 8" rack tom with an STM mounting system, and a matching 14" x 5" snare drum. The kit also comes standard with True-Pitch tension rods, MAG throw-off, True-Tone snare wires, and DW Heads by Remo.
The kit is offered in multiple finishes: a durable White Onyx FinishPly and a lacquer Tobacco Burst. As with all Design Series drums, the shells are 100% North American maple with no reinforcement hoops.
Cymbals and hardware sold separately.
- Bass Drum(s): 20" x 12"
- Tom(s): 12" x 8"
- Floor Tom(s): 14" x 11"
- Snare: 14" x 5"
- Total Pieces: 4
- Hardware: Not Applicable
- Cymbals: Not Applicable
- Shell Material: Maple
- Construction: 7-Ply
- Thickness (mm): 5.6
- Bearing Edge: 45°
- Reinforcement Ring: Not Applicable
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Suspended
- Hoops: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Low-Mass
- Heads: Branded
- Finish Type: Multiple
- Country of Origin: Taiwan
Go places with the DW Frequent Flyer. Hit the road today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.