- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
DW VLT Maple Mahogany Top Edge Snare Drum
14 x 6 in. Black Nickel Hardware
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H79851 000001001 H79851000001001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DW VLT Maple Mahogany snare drum features the sharp attack and warm sustain of tonewood, with an upper "edge" of alloy with for added tonal cut. ...Click To Read More About This Product
A snare from DW featuring the best of three worlds.
The DW VLT Maple Mahogany snare drum features the sharp attack and warm sustain of tonewood, with an upper "edge" of alloy with for added tonal cut. This 14" x 6" drum is constructed with DW's Vertical Low Timbre (VLT) - a DW special feature which involves arranging grain patterns of shell plies so the outermost and innermost plies run vertically versus the traditional horizontal. This provides less tension on the shell for greater resonance.
- Snare Size: 14" x 6"
- Total Pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: Not Applicable
- Stand: Not Applicable
- Shell Material: Hybrid
- Shell Construction: 10-Ply
- Shell Thickness (mm): 7.1
- Bearing Edge: 60°
- Reinforcement Ring: No
- Hardware Material: Steel
- Hoop Type: Proprietary
- Lugs: Proprietary
- Throw-Off: Tap-Style
- Internal muffler: No
- Snares: Steel Carbon
- Heads: Branded
- Finish Type: Multiple
- Country of Origin: United States
Two eras of tonewoods with the overtones of alloy. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.