Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gretsch Drums Brooklyn Standard Snare Drum 14 x 5.5 in. Satin Black Metallictrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
14" maple/poplar snare drum designed with drum clinician Mike Johnston
6-ply maple/poplar shell yields classic tonesAs with other drums in the Gretsch Brooklyn Series, the 6-ply shell of the 14x5.5” Brooklyn Standard Snare Drum uses a blend of maple and poplar wood. With this combo, it’s able to deliver even highs and mids with a boosted low end. The snare produces a sound that’s full, punchy and warm—classic characteristics of a Gretsch drum.
Premium hardware for high performanceThe versatility of the Brooklyn Standard Snare really comes down to the details. Engraved, double-flanged and vintage-style 302 hoops rest on the double 45-degree bearing edges for ideal interaction between the head and shell. Batter side tone control and 42-strand snare wires let you lock in your tone. To round out the hardware, the Brooklyn Standard is accented with Gretsch tube lugs, Lightning throw-off and butt plate, and Gretsch Permatone heads by Remo.
Finishing touches complete the lookA sleek satin black metallic finish brings an aesthetic appeal to the Brooklyn Standard. The interior is finished with Gretsch Silver Sealer. Inside, you’ll also find an identification label with the production year and Mike Johnston’s signature.
A snare for the serious playerThanks to Mike Johnston’s clear concept and the nine months Gretsch spent perfecting it, the Brooklyn Standard Snare Drum from Musician’s Friend is about as versatile as it gets. This is the snare to get for tone you can play in any situation, no matter what your experience level is. Deliver great attack on stage, or record beautiful, responsive tones in the studio.
- 6-ply maple/poplar shell offers a classic combination
- Vintage double-flanged hoops, Gretsch tube lugs, internal damper and more premium hardware
- Satin black metallic finish and Silver Sealed interior with Mike Johnston signature add to the aesthetics
- Collaborative design produces a versatile snare for many styles and playing situations
Discover the versatile performance of the Brooklyn Standard Snare. Order yours from Musician’s Friend today.
Brooklyn Standard Snare Drum Specifications:Configuration
- Snare size: 14 x 5.5 in.
- Total pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: No
- Stand: No
- Shell material: Maple/Poplar
- Shell construction: 6-ply
- Bearing edge: Double-cut 45°
- Reinforcement ring: No
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Double-flange
- Lugs: Tube
- Throw-off: Patented
- Internal muffler: Yes
- Snares: Steel carbon
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Satin
- Country of origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.