- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ludwig Black Beauty 8-Lug Brass Snare Drum
14 x 6.5 in.
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L74422 000001000 L74422000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
For over a century, the Ludwig Black Beauty has been the industry standard for tone and purity in a metal snare drum. This brass model takes the seri...Click To Read More About This Product
Classic brass snare drum with original 8-lug configuration for vintage look and feel
For over a century, the Ludwig Black Beauty has been the industry standard for tone and purity in a metal snare drum. This brass model takes the series back to its roots, when the original Black Beauty was created in 1920 with only eight lugs, to create a larger “sweet spot” on the playing surface. This 8-lug configuration allows for a wider range of tones on the edges while creating a more forgiving center, making sure the backbeats stay crisp, clear and consistent with each hit. It’s an excellent addition to any high-end collection, or a trusty centerpiece to build a new kit around.
This 8-lug Black Beauty snare drum is built from a seamless brass shell, made in the USA and, of course, painstakingly plated with Black Nickel. The shell is fitted with 2.3 mm triple flange hoops for a sharp attack and easy resonance. The tension rods are anchored to a single row of those eight recognizable Ludwig bridge lugs. The snare is outfitted with iconic Ludwig "Weather Master" heads and their proprietary P88 throw off and P35 die-cast butt plate.
- Brass snare drum with 8-lug configuration
- Seamless brass shell crafted in the USA for warmth and resonance
- Black nickel plating for that classic Black Beauty look
- 2.3 mm triple-flange hoops and single-row bridge lugs
- Proprietary die-cast butt plate and P88 throw-off
- Fitted with Ludwig Weather Master heads
Own a Black Beauty in its original configuration. Order now.
- Snare size: Multiple sizes
- Total pieces: 1
- Shell material: Brass
- Shell construction: Solid
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Bridge
- Throw-off: Side
- Snares: Steel
- Heads: Factory
- Finish type: Nickel-plated
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.