- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ludwig Classic Maple 3-Piece Jazzette Shell Pack with 18 in. Bass Drum
Sky Blue Pearl
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K45609 000003000 K45609000003000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Preferred by professionals for superior tone and versatility, Classic Maple drums are the ideal choice for any performance application. A perfect ble...Click To Read More About This Product
Jazz up your sound with this pint-sized powerhouse that delivers classic Ludwig sound in a versatile shell pack.
Preferred by professionals for superior tone and versatility, Classic Maple drums are the ideal choice for any performance application. A perfect blend of high sensitivity, wide dynamic tuning range, and sharp attack make Classic Maple the ideal choice for live performance. Classic Maple's 7-ply shell is crafted to respond to the player and environment quickly, making it adaptable to any playing style or preference.
Ludwig's “Jazzette” Outfit gives drummers the opportunity to capture classic Ludwig sound in a bop/jazz setup. It's able to cover jazz, pop and much more.
Classic Maple's shells are constructed of a 7-ply cross-laminated North American maple. Its high sensitivity, wide dynamic tuning range, and sharp attack make it the ideal choice for live performance. Yet Classic Maple's 7-ply shell is crafted to respond to the player and environment quickly, making it adaptable to any playing style or preference.
Each drum's bearing edge is cut to a 45-degree angle within 1/16" from the outside edge. This sharp edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface for easy head seating; the final touch to complete the unmistakable Ludwig Sound.
Classic Maple's standard 7-ply, 6mm shell is formulated for optimum resonance and tonality. Its center three-ply core panel (laminated in a horizontal/vertical/horizontal grain bond to a 2.4 mm thickness,) is inserted between inner and outer two-ply panels through Ludwig's proprietary RFST molding process.
To increase stability through out the drum, all Ludwig USA shells are produced using Radio Frequency Shell Technology. Using a process involving their original bladder molds, R.F.S.T.'s unique bonding system -combined with a specialized, time-tested adhesive- cures each shell evenly over the entire surface of the shell. This process is truly a principal ingredient in creating the "Ludwig Sound" in every shell Ludwig makes.
- Time-tested shell configuration is versatile enough for most styles
- 7-ply cross-laminated North American maple shells
- Hand-sanded 45° bearing edges
- Optimized for resonance and tonality
Call or click to order today!
- Bass drum(s): 18 x 14 in.
- Tom(s): 12 x 8 in.
- Floor tom(s): 14 x 14 in.
- Snare: Not Applicable
- Total pieces: 3
- Shell material: Maple
- Construction: 7-Ply
- Thickness (mm): Multiple
- Bearing edge: 45°
- Reinforcement ring: Not Applicable
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Traditional
- Hoops: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Proprietary
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Wrap
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.