- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ludwig Classic Maple Snare Drum
14 x 5 in.
- Write a Review
- #L00832 000001000 L00832000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Nothing quite captures the spirit of the '60s like Ludwig's amazing Classic Maple drums, and their unique, visually striking wraps. One such wrap is ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The perfect embodiment of the '60s with the classic sound of Ludwig in a far out Mod Orange wrap.
Nothing quite captures the spirit of the '60s like Ludwig's amazing Classic Maple drums, and their unique, visually striking wraps. One such wrap is Ludwig's Mod Orange. It's been one of Ludwig's most sought after finishes for almost 50 years. Like the other Vintage Oyster finishes Ludwig offers, Mod Orange is authentically produced by a hand-blending process of materials to re-create this psychedelic, swingin' look. This special reissue not only pays tribute to a period of timeless music, but also to the craftsmanship that makes Ludwig what it is today.
Ludwig's wood snares have remained popular throughout the company's nearly 100-year history. The Classic Maple all-maple 7-ply shell features the clarity and warmth players have come to expect from maple drums, plus the projection and musicality that has maintained Ludwig's reputation for snare drum innovation and excellence.
To increase stability through out the drum, all Ludwig USA shells are produced using a process involving their original bladder molds, R.F.S.T.'s (Radio Frequency Shell Technology) unique bonding system - combined with a specialized, time-tested adhesive - cures each shell evenly over the entire surface of the shell. This process is truly a principal ingredient in creating the "Ludwig Sound" in every shell they make.
- Throwback Mod Orange Wrap
- 7-ply cross laminated North American maple shell crafted using Ludwig's R.F.S.T. (Radio Frequency Shell Technology) molding process
- Hand-sanded bearing edges provide even, flat surface for fast, accurate and easy tuning
- Handcrafted in Monroe, N.C., U.S.A.
Call or click to order today!
- Snare size: Multiple sizes
- Total pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: Not Applicable
- Stand: Not Applicable
- Shell material: Maple
- Shell construction: 7-ply
- Shell thickness (mm): Not Specified
- Bearing edge: 45°
- Reinforcement ring: No
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Proprietary
- Throw-off: Patented
- Internal muffler: No
- Snares: Steel Carbon
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Wrap
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.