- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Meinl Matt Garstka Artist Concept Model Byzance Fat Stack Cymbal
- Write a Review
- J49955 000000000 J49955000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Artist Concept Models are a collection of cymbal voices. They are the product of Meinl Cymbal Artists and the Meinl R&D team. The goal was to...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A signature stack for choppy accents, designed by Matt Garstka.
The Artist Concept Models are a collection of cymbal voices. They are the product of Meinl Cymbal Artists and the Meinl R&D team. The goal was to craft unique and innovative sounds that allowed the artist to explore, create and forge ahead as leaders in acoustic music and in the art of drumming.
"This stack cuts through the mix with a crunchy bite. With no ring, the sustain is dry and pleasing to the ear. Its trashy quality is maintained through a wide variety of tensions, with my personal favorite being a light tension that gives its Fat Stack namesake. It functions in my setup mainly as a time keeper, but it also works extremely well with choppy accents. Coupled with a snare it has a great organic hip hop clap sound." - Matt Garstka.
To produce the intense sound from the signature Fat Stack, the cymbals included are a specially made 18” Byzance Dark Crash with holes (top) featuring a sandblasted under side. The bottom cymbal is a 16” Byzance Dark china with holes and a traditional under side. Place the crash over the china (not inverted) to get the signature Matt Garstka sound.
- Quantity: 2
- Type: Effects/Other
- Sizes (in): 16, 18
- Material: Cast Alloy
- Hammering: Machine
- Lathing: Partial
- Cymbal Weight: Thin
- Bell: Standard
- Finish: Sandblasted
- Country of Origin: Germany
- Added Value: No
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.