- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Overseas Connection Ivory Coast Djembe
- Write a Review
- H83425 000000001 H83425000000001
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Ivory Coast djembes are world-renowned for their full tonal range and professional-grade quality. Overseas has improved on the standard of these drum...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A handcrafted traditional djembe with a full tonal range.
Ivory Coast djembes are world-renowned for their full tonal range and professional-grade quality. Overseas has improved on the standard of these drums in a few key ways to create a higher quality instrument. First, they use thicker, sturdier rings for more durability. Usually, Ivory Coast drums are made using a bottom ring that slips off the step carved in the shell, but Overseas uses a sturdy, thick ring even on the bottom of the bowl. The shell is handcarved to increase the bottom "step" typical of Ivory Coast djembes to accommodate thicker bottom rings so they will won't buckle or slip under pressure.
Additionally, they re-work the bearing edge on every drum to make sure it is level, round, and perfectly smooth. The goatskin heads are each thicker and hand-selected from the Yesrthern part of the country. A European 2-part polyester rope is used for tuning and an extra coat of shea butter is applied on all the drums to help preserve the wood.
Please note: rope color and carving styles may vary.
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.