- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sonor Benny Greb Signature Snare Drum
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L74680 000000000 L74680000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Ten years ago, Benny Grab collaborated with SONOR on what became one of the most popular signature snare drums on the market. Now, the German drum ma...Click To Read More About This Product
Signature beech snare drum designed for Benny Greb, with innovative muffling system for endless customization
Ten years ago, Benny Grab collaborated with SONOR on what became one of the most popular signature snare drums on the market. Now, the German drum maker has teamed up with Greb again for a re-imagined version. This drum starts with the same essential elements that keep the original in-demand to this day—specifically, the shell. This snare starts with the same idiosyncratic 13 x 5.75” beech shell that has a very wide tuning range and exceptional sensitivity. It also features the recognizable Scandinavian Birch veneer that gave the original its classy, natural look.
The changes in this updated drum start with that same veneer. This new model features a bubinga wood stripe inlay all the way around the outside, making for a total of three high-quality tone woods in one drum. And to replace the original lugs, this new model features offset teardrop lugs to round out a vintage feel. The new lugs feature Tune Safe technology to keep the tuning from drifting. This drum is also outfitted with the superior SONOR Dual Glide snare wire system, which lets the player change out the snare-side head without having to change all their snare wire settings.
But the greatest innovation is a feature Greb designed himself. He calls it the Monorail dampening system, and it gives this drum an unparalleled range of sound possibilities, right out of the box. The monorail system features two internal mufflers, inspired by old-school internal mufflers made famous by jazz drummers of the past. But while those mufflers required the drummer to remove the batter head to adjust them, the Monorail system lets the drummer adjust the mufflers independently with two dials on the outside of the shell. One of the mufflers comes fitted with a soft “sheep” head and the other with a hard “felt” head. Drummers can easily adjust both of these mufflers in seconds, even between or during songs, creating the impression of multiple snare drums in one. Because the mufflers are both variable, with interchangeable pads and separate adjustment mechanisms, the possibilities are nearly endless.
- Signature beech snare drum designed with Benny Greb
- 13 x 5.75” beech wood shell with birch outer veneer
- Bubinga inlay gives this drum extra visual flair to distinguish from original Greb snare
- Innovative “Monorail” internal dampening system allows for wide range of settings
- SONOR Dual Glide snare strainer for easy replacement of snare-side head
Get a near-endless array of sounds from one signature snare. Order now.
- Snare size: 13x5.75"
- Total pieces: 1
- Shell material: Beech
- Shell construction: 9-ply
- Shell thickness (mm): 5
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Proprietary
- Throw-off: Patented
- Internal muffler: Yes
- Heads: Factory
- Finish type: Natural
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.